cinco | kensington palace

darren

I'm not wasting another minute to lose her to some doctor who she's only seen once.

"Do you have an Oyster card*?" I ask Ava, as she waves it in the air from her pocket.

a|n; * an oyster card is an electronic smart card that you can use to travel around england if you have credit on it 🌸💗

"Okay," I sigh, and then hold her hand tightly, "Don't let go, ever, okay?" I tell her as she squeezes my hand for reassurance.

"Where are you taking me?" Ava asks me, her eyes gazing at me like we're madly in love and eloping.

"We're going to Kensington Palace, Princess," I smirk, as she blushes.

We brush through the crowd of people walking along the pavement, heading towards the Tube station, our hands warming each other.

ava

Gagawin ko ba 'to as an advantage o hindi na? Paano kasi, hindi ko alam kung nag f-fake siya ng emotions o hindi. Parang niloloko ko ang sarili ko.

As we enter the tube station, I can feel the brisk breeze inside of tubes arriving and departing. We place our Oyster cards on the yellow reader, then head for the Circle line, our hands still touching.

The train comes in less than a minute, and it only takes two stops to get to High Street Kensington.

At this time, the trains are still busy, filled with tourists, office workers, daily commuters, and we end up entering the tube that seems like a sandwich filled with too much toppings. Our hands lose contact.

"Tiis muna, okay?" Whispered Darren, as I nodded quickly, avoiding eye contact. I attempted to reach those bars that you hang onto, but being 5"0 you can't do that much.

"When will I get taller?" I mutter hopelessly, as my face sinks to the ground, the stench of people's sweat entering my nose.

"Hawakan mo lang ako kasi," sabi ni Darren, "Hindi ka pwede mawala sa akin," he says in my ear, which gives my stomach a weird feeling. I can feel my ear turning pink as it tingles at the thought of his words.

As we get to our desired stop, it takes 6 minutes to walk towards the park grounds, and suddenly everything seems so peaceful, so tranquil, so warm.

He places one of his earbud on my ear again, and we walk as if we're in a fairytale, or movie, or dream - some sort of unbelievable fantasy.

He plays one of his OPM playlists.

I miss you like crazy

It places a grin on my face - a genuine grin, a genuine emotion that I haven't felt for years.

Love.

No matter what I say or do, there's just no getting over you

"Ayy! Hala uy! Hindi na siya sungit! Ngumingiti na siya! Yes! Achieve!" Darren exclaims, as he chuckles, quite cutely and charmingly in fact.