nueve | bad boyfriend

{a|n; warning! there is a slight bit of foul language to emphasise darren's development as a character. ¡read on lovelies! 💘}

ava

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be sight-seeing and making s*** decisions?"

"Don't be like that to Wes," I try to make eye contact with him, but all he does is smoke, when he shouldn't have cigarettes anyways.

He imitates what I say in a high-pitched voice, but I roll my eyes and ignore him, "Oh, did you want some, 'babe'?", he teases, and a part of me breaks into pieces.

"No, 'babe'," I reply, returning the favour to seem as if I wasn't heart broken, "You shouldn't have cigarettes anyways, who gave them to you?" I continue, concerned, as he begins to laugh.

"I have my ways," he smirks, as the policeman at the back acknowledges him and smiles.

"Darren - what changed?"

"Me - ever since you stopped believing," he snaps, as my body feels like a fragile twig, being snapped.

"You were the one who -"

"Betrayed you? Stabbed your heart into 'millions of tiny pieces?' Haha! So funny."

"You know what you did."

"And I was so stupid to think that we'd be together, and that we had learnt to trust. But what you did to me in London, and here in Tenerife was just b***s***, Ava. What happened to trust?", he questions, as I remain silent.

"I DID NOTHING!" He continues, "AND YET YOU BELIEVE HIM! I WAS FRAMED AND USED BECAUSE OF THAT DRINK -"

"I think that's enough now," my pupils widen, as I watch Darren as his veins pop, like a vampire - a monster. What has he become?

"Just you wait - when I get deported back to Philippines, they'll be no evidence, none! None! Just you wait Ava," he shouts, whilst being dragged by the police.

"Oh - and from this, Eva seems more appealing than you, or should I say, Elena," he sniggers, my eyebrows knitting in confusion, "and Anzar, oops, I mean...Wes."

"You're a sick 'babe'," I retaliate, scowling as I sashay away, reminding me of the past when I sashayed away from Darren at the NAIA Airport.

The past - Anzar?

Wes?

Evangeline and Elena as one?

Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

an hour before

jardín botánico | puerto de la cruz, tenerife

I giggle as Wes and I race across the the pathways, sheltered by the arch-like leaves and bushes along the pathway. We pass by the bridge surrounded by palm tree, Jacaranda trees and a glistening river underneath.

If we fall in love

Maybe we'll sing this song as one