Kamari Rashaun Valentine

Two weeks later..

——————————

Sean

Sean

    I watched as Farrah picked at her food, not really acting like she wanted to be here. I had just came from a road trip and I hadn't seen her in a week so I invited her out for dinner. However, she had been distant this whole time. She wasn't saying much and she just wasn't showing much affection. It was starting to annoy me because I actually need affection to thrive. I'm an emotional guy who is tune with his feelings and I like to be affectionate.

Sitting my fork down on the plate, I took a few sips of my water before speaking. "I missed you." I said, trying to make conversation. She picked up her wine glass, and looked at me as she stained her glass with her red lipstick. I didn't like the look I received, at all.

  "I missed you too, baby." She gave me an obvious fake smile as she sat the glass back on the table.

"How was classes?" I picked up my fork to eat.

   "It was class. Nothing special." She answered in a dull tone.

I sighed, sitting my fork back down again. "Ok, what's up? Why are you acting like this? I come home from a long, stressful road trip and I missed you. I just wanna chill with you without the bullshit. So can you talk to me?"

   "I'm really trying my best not to curse you out." She said in her thick Haitian accent.

I looked at her, confused. "Wha—why?"

   "Don't play dumb with me, Kamari." Her eyes formed into a slit before she placed her fork into her mouth, eating the contents and chewing.

I loosened my tie, and sat back. "I'm not playing dumb, Farrah. I really don't know what I did."

  "Ok." She nodded, using her napkin to dab the side of her mouth. Crossing her arms and legs, she, too, sat back in her chair. "Do you remember what we talked about when we made it back from LA?"