Khari Elijah Valentine

Excuse any mistakes. ❤

Oakland, California

Malia

Danielle

Danielle

Randy

———————

I paced up and down the hallways, impatiently waiting on any news on Malia. I wasn't nervous at all. I was downright terrified. Her pulse was really low when the paramedics came. She wasn't responding to anything and I had never felt so hopeless in my life. Not being able to do anything was really fucking with me. I was just praying that she and the baby was okay.

"Bro, I'm sure she straight." I ignored Randy's attempt to calm me down, and stuck my hands into my pockets. I also ignored the stares from random people, who I'm sure recognized who I was.

Biting down on my teeth, I exhaled sharply. They were taking too long and I was two seconds from flipping out. We had been here for over thirty minutes and all I wanted was to see my wife. I leaned against the wall, and looked at Iman. For that moment, I had to chuckle because he was just like me.

I wasn't sure if that was good or bad.

This where I realized that none of my kids were emotional. Even if they were upset, neither one of them were showing it. However, I knew Kamari was probably taking this a little harder than he was letting on. After all, he was a mama's boy.