Chapter 19: Distractions

“Rina, why don’t we go out today? I’ll call Mami up and the three of us can do something together. We need to do something to take your mind off of those two,” Miyuki said desperately to the distraught young girl. Rina looked so sad and Miyuki had begun to hate seeing her like that, she only wanted to help Rina smile again.

It was early on Saturday morning but even after all these hours; Rina was still upset by Haruna having left with Tomomi. Miyuki thought she was overreacting a bit, but she could understand it. Rina cared so much about Haruna and it looked like Haruna didn’t even see that, or maybe she just didn’t care. Miyuki didn’t really know which it was, all she knew is that Haruna’s actions were badly upsetting Rina and Miyuki didn’t like that. Miyuki could admit that she was beginning to feel some resentment for Haruna because of all this.

Rina looked over at Miyuki, staring silently at the older girl. Miyuki had picked her up just shortly after Haruna had left with Tomomi and she had been over at the older girl’s house ever since. Rina had to admit that being at Miyuki’s house did make her feel a bit better. Being here was better than being alone in their house at the very least. It felt nice to have the company, but it didn’t take her thoughts off of those two.

She knew she was being irrational and overreacting, but she was scared. This weekend would be an opportunity for Tomomi to sneak her way into Haruna’s mind even more. If they got closer again, then it would be harder for Rina to take Haruna back. She didn’t want Tomomi to take Haruna away from her any further than she already had. She didn’t want to keep going in a circle like this. She just wanted this to all be done and over with so she could have Haruna back by her side.

“Please, Rina? I don’t want to see you this sad,” Miyuki begged her. Rina sighed softly, looking away from Miyuki. Miyuki did look so upset right now and Rina could use a distraction.

“All right, I’ll go with you two,” Rina said finally. She looked back over at Miyuki, giving the older girl a sweet smile.

The older girl nodded in affirmation, quickly leaning over and kissing Rina’s forehead before she pushed herself off the couch. Rina could feel herself blushing from the kiss. Haruna wasn’t around right now, so she didn’t see why Miyuki kept the façade up.

“You know, Miyuki, you don’t have to do all of that when Haru and the others aren’t here if you don’t want to,” Rina spoke up. Miyuki turned back to Rina, her cellphone now in her hand. She flashed Rina a bright smile before answering the younger girl.

“Who said I didn’t want to give you kisses and hold you?” Miyuki asked her. Her smile grew as she saw the red tint to Rina’s face deepening. “I like showering you with affection; you’re so cute after all, Rina. But if it’s not okay with you then I will stop when we’re alone. It won’t bother me; I just want you to be honest with me.”

Rina didn’t answer her right away, she found herself unable to. Was Rina really uncomfortable with Miyuki’s actions? Truthfully, she couldn’t say that she was. She actually liked it in a way. Miyuki made her feel loved and cared for. She liked all the attention that the older girl was showering her with and she didn’t really want it to stop when they were alone. Even if she didn’t like Miyuki like that, she still liked her affection. And it wasn’t really leading Miyuki on if the girl knew that Rina didn’t love her, was it? Of course not. There wasn’t any harm in enjoying the affection.