Chapter 15: First Encounters

“Miyuki, you made it!” Rina said happily when she saw that Miyuki was the one at the door. The black haired woman in front of her smiled at her, giving her a quick hug. Rina was a bit caught off guard by the hug but she hesitantly wrapped her arms around Miyuki, returning the hug she’d been given. Miyuki pulled away from her, giving her a sweet smile.

“Let’s go meet that girl, shall we?” she asked. Rina laughed softly, lacing their hands together and pulling her towards the living room. Rina was getting the nervous feeling back in her body. At first, when Miyuki had first suggested it, Rina was really happy to hear her suggest it. But now that the time had come to introduce Miyuki and Haruna, Rina was beginning to second guess herself.

What if they couldn’t pull it off? What if Haruna never got jealous? What if their plan completely failed? She was going through the worst scenarios in her head after all but she couldn’t help it. She wanted this plan to go off perfectly and she wanted to get her Haruna back as soon as she could. Rina couldn’t afford any failures with this.

But nevertheless, Rina pushed forward with her plan. She led Miyuki the small distance to the living room, pulling her over to the couch where the others were seated. As usual, Mami was seated on the floor, her hands messing with the remote control that Tomomi had somehow broken. On the couch, Tomomi and Haruna sat together, Haruna’s arms wrapped tightly around Tomomi as she laid she head gently on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

“Guys, I have someone I want you to meet,” Rina said in a small voice. The three girls looked over at her, Mami’s eyes lighting up when she saw Miyuki with Rina. She hadn’t heard or seen all of their date, but she knew they had to have had a good time from what she could see. Seeing Miyuki standing here only confirmed that with her.

“Who is she?” Haruna asked. At Haruna’s question, Rina could feel Miyuki break her hand away from their grip, instead going to wrapping her arm around Rina’s waist. She pulled Rina closer to her and the young brunette could see the way Haruna glared at Miyuki.

“This is Miyuki,” Rina introduced the girl wrapped around her now. She giggled when she felt Miyuki lay her head down on her shoulder, the girl’s black hair mixing with her own brunette locks.

“It’s nice to meet you…” Miyuki’s sentence trailed off as she realized she didn’t actually know which was which. Rina quickly caught onto why Miyuki had suddenly stopped her sentence.

“Oh, that’s right! Miyuki, the one sitting up is Tomomi and the other one is Haruna.” Miyuki could hear the tone of Rina’s voice when she had said Haruna’s name, she got the young brunette’s hint right away. So that was the girl Rina was so head over heels in love with.

“How do you know her exactly?” Haruna continued to question after the introductions. Haruna didn’t like just anyone touching Rina. She knew Rina didn’t have the best judgment in people so Haruna always liked to get to know the people that Rina would bring home. Rina just simply trusted people too easily.

“Mami introduced us,” Rina explained, giving Haruna a bright smile. Haruna’s expression softened, her eyes going to look down at the smiling blonde girl on the floor.

“I knew you two would like each other,” Mami pointed out. She sounded really proud of herself and she probably was. This is why Rina would never let Mami in on her plan; she didn’t want to hurt the girl’s pride by letting her know that Miyuki and she never did hit off like Mami had wanted.

“Who couldn’t like Rina? She’s so sweet and adorable,” Miyuki cooed to the brunette. She nuzzled her neck against Rina’s, a small blush coming onto the brunette’s face. Miyuki was doing really good at this. If she kept this up, Rina knew she could have Haruna boiling with jealousy in no time.