Amber's Plan

"You don't have enough friends to have a party! I should be allowed to have a party! I have so many friends, unlike you. And now I have to go stay at Jill's house, I don't even like her that much. Ugh, this is so unfair." Whined Lindsay.

"Why don't you just have a party at Jill's? Isn't she like super rich?"

"Yeah we could but she'd get all the credit for the party because it's at her house."

"Well then text all your other friends and organise it as a surprise party for her. Then you organised it and she knows nothing about it." I suggested.

"You know that could work. But first I need to help you try to throw together a party at the last minute. What are you going to wear?" She asked excitedly.

"I was thinking my jeans and that top mum got me for Christmas last year." I replied. I wasn't planning on having a big party, just a few friends over for pizza and a movie marathon for the night, maybe a cheeky little game of truth or dare. When I told Lindsay this she called me a "pathetic excuse of a teenager" and left my room in a rage of disappointment.

I texted all of my friends from school about the movie marathon party. Amber was the first to reply because she has no life. She was thrilled when I told her that I had the house to myself and she was at my bedroom door within 15 minutes.
"Lets have a party!" She screamed coming, uninvited, into my bedroom. At this point my parents and Lindsay had already left so it was just us.

"Don't get too excited Amber, I'm only having a movie marathon with some friends, nothing crazy"

"No we are throwing you the greatest moving back home party ever!" Amber cried "I already have it all planed! And it won't cost much, my dad has a bunch of party supplies."

This worried me, I hadn't planned on having a big party and I'm sure my dad wouldn't be too happy if I did.

"Also seeing as your wardrobe sucks, I'm sending you shopping with Adrianna for party clothes. Leon and I are going to set up the party. Ryan and Jack are getting food. Miley is organising cleaners to come and get all the mess sorted and Leona and Alex are getting guests, I've given them a list. Now go get dressed, Adrianna will be here in about 10 minutes!"

Amber then pushed me into to my bedroom and closed the door before I could protest.

Adrianna opened my bedroom door exactly ten minutes later, she always was very punctual. She then rushed me out of my room to go party outfit shopping. I was both offended and worried that my friends decided my wardrobe wasn't good enough, I mean I like t-shirts with funny phrases on the front and jeans or joggers. I understand that I wasn't the most stylish person out but what I wear is comfortable and I like it, isn't that enough?

"I think we are going to go for a sassy look" Adrianna stated as she looked me up and down. "You've got the figure for it. And we shall go get your makeup done while we are out - get rid of that monobrow while we are at it."

I felt like I was one of those tv stars getting insulted by their fashion consultant, or whatever those peeps are called. Pointing out all my imperfections and how they are going to change them. It was so weird: I didn't know whether or not to be offended. I mean the list of things that needed fixing was just getting longer, Adrianna really wasn't holding back. I just decided to allow her to do her thing and went along with all of her plans.

• • •
Ambers POV
• • •

"Leon, call my brother and ask him to bring all my dads party boxes" I screamed.

"Okay boss, whatever you say boss" Leon mocked.

Ugh he was so annoying. I then decided to call Alex to check on how the guest list was going.

"What do you want." He groaned when he picked up the phone.

"How's the party invites going?"

"Okay I guess, there aren't many 'party people' on this list. The party is going to be crap if we only invite the math club!" Alex continued to complain.

"Well what do you suggest then? Invite our whole year?" I laughed sarcastically.

"Maybe not the whole year, maybe just the Rugby team? They're great fun! And some of the drama group, half of them go clubbing every weekend they'd be awesome at a party so long as there is drink!"

I laughed at the idea of Becky at a party with the rugby team. "Aye right, okay, whatever you want." I continued to laugh, drawing out my words to make it as sarcastic as possible. Then I hung up and continued to decorate.

Tonight was going to be amazing! If only I could convince Ryan that Percy Pigs were not party food.