I

Spencer Addison

It was a peacefully busy night at 'La Piccola Sedia Nera'. This was the beautiful little Italian restaurant I worked at, I've worked there for about two years now and they pay good money for me only to be a hostess. The name means 'little black chair' in Italian. This restaurant is owned by the sweetest old Italian couple ever. The Ricci's. They generally hire Italian people but they were able to make an exception because of the fact that I was fluent in Italian.
I was torn from my thoughts when I heard someone clear their throat in front of me rather loudly.
" Oh... I'm sorry, Welcome to La Piccola Sedia Nera," I say flawlessly, " how may I help you?"
As I finish my sentence I notice I'm staring into the eyes of a Greek god. I mean like damn, no one should be aloud to look this good... shit he is so fine, my chest hurts. He tall I mean at least a foot and some inches taller than me. His hair was a deep intense black and neatly gelled back, his eyes hazels and cold, no emotion what so ever. His lips where a pale pink and sat straight. His face was hard, stern, like he was putting up a wall only showing this tough ' macho man ' act. You could see how great his body was through that thin, white dress shirt. He wore a traditional tuxedo with a black tie.
" Helloooooo..." someone sang as I was snapped out of my transfix. I quickly straightened my posture and got back to work, I crane my neck to look this mesmerizing man in his eyes and I see a smirk on his face. " Tutto been splendida? " ( you okay gorgeous?) I instantly feel embarrassed. " Si, grazie per avermelo chiesto." ( yes, thank you for asking) I politely say with a smile.
" Good, I have a reservation for a private dining room at 7:00, under the name Marino" he states looking at the list of reservation in front of me rather than me. I step from behind the podium, I was wearing high waisted flare dress pants with a white button up. Black 4 inch pumps that pointed at the toe, and a name tag that said "Spencer" in bold white letters. My hair was straightened parted down the middle and tucked behind my ears. I had on very light natural looking makeup with little diamond earrings. I gesture toward the back of the restaurant, " right this way." I over exaggerate the smile this time. About two dozen men pass and I quickly follow. The men went into dinning room number 4 and set there menus down, I turn to Mr.Marino and stated " your server will be right with you Mr. Marino." As in turned to leave he grabbed my hand and simply said with a voice like gold and a accent to die for, " I think I would like for you to be our server for the night, Si? " he turned to the table full of men and they all agreed. In a huff, I tilted my head and smiled, " I'll see what I can do." " Grazie bella." I march back to the kitchen where the Ricci's are cooking up delicious foods. " Mr. Marino would like for me to be his personal server tonight," I roll my eyes, my irritation written all over my face.  Mr. Ricci looks at me and laughs, " well... what are ya waiting for, give him everything he wants. That Marino is a powerful man he is, you give him whatevea, and I truly mean whatevea he wants."  I scoff and Mr. Ricci glares at me, " and don't give him any attitude, I meant it. If he asks for your hand in marriage you smile and politely accept," my cheeks flush, Mr. Ricci raises a bushy grey brow, " Ya know he may have asked for you to be his servah because he thinks you're cute, eh." He nudges. Me causing me to chuckle lightly " whatever hand me an apron."
I rush out to their dinning room with two trays of water. I set the trays on a side table and pass out the waters then take everyone's orders. The rest of the evening was a blur, filled a table full of men catcalling me especially Mr.Marino. At the end of the night, on the groups way out Mr.Marino or 'Gianni' made his way to me taking my hand putting something in it and leaning in rather close to my face as if he were about to kiss me, " Thank you Ms..." he paused " Spencer "
I chimed in. " Ah...Ms.Spencer," he straightened his posture not breaking his gaze " You have freckles, it is cute" he stated with a heart warming smile. I look at the ground as I blush, " Gianni, look what you've done makin' that girl blush like that."  Mrs.Ricci said coming from the back of the restaurant. " Until next time bella." He uttered kissing my hand and walking out.