XIII

Spencer Addison

When Gianni told me Pietro had found B and was bringing her home I was ecstatic. As soon as Pietro walks B through the door I went to talk to her. "Bianca...I" she cuts my sentence short and engulfs me me in a very tight, air restricting, hug. "I'm so sorry for what I said. It's not your fault, none of this is your fault. Pietro told me you had my mother put in a secret location with protection." I give a puzzled look at Pietro and Gianni talking in the corner. I clear my throat so they would look our way. Gianni winks at me then they go back to talking. That slick son of a bitch. I reverted my attention back to Bianca. She gave me a tight lipped smile, "Pietro talked some sense into me while we were driving back here." I smile flashing my teeth, "So you and Pietro huh?" I nudge her causing her into a fit of laughter. "I wish. I see Gianni talked some sense into you." I feel my face heat up turning beet red. "Yea, sure." Bianca raises an eyebrow. "Spencer, a woman is going to come and take your measurements in about an hour." Gianni say going to exit the room. "Wait, why?" I ask. "We have a dinner party to go to tomorrow" He says from a far. I immediately start to panic a little. I turn to Bianca. "What? I don't want to go to a dinner party. With all his associates and-and friends and shit there . And let's face it I'm kind of embarrassing, and ya know...I'm black! I'm pretty sure everyone there will be full blood Italians." Bianca laughs at me. I can't believe it, this bitch is literally laughing at me. Pointing at me and everything. "Girl shut up! I don't think he would've even glanced your way if you were embarrassing, and have you seen you? You're a goddess. You've got a great body, beautifully amazing eyes, gorgeous hair, and a personality to die for. Why wouldn't he want to show you off?" She always knows how to make me feel better. The door bell rang. B smacks her lips,"I thought he said in an hour." I walk to open the door, "I guess she likes to be early." I open the door. The lady was old. Grey hair, fair skin, about 5'0, she seemed very fragile. She had a hug grin on her face. "So you're the one my nephew has been talking about. sei assolutamente bello." She grabbed my face with both her hands. I tried not show it, but I was uncomfortable as hell. She let go of me and stepped inside of the house. "Maim could you get me a piece of paper and a pen? Thank you you're a doll." The woman, who I assume to be his aunt, said...to Bianca. Bianca looked around the room then pointed at herself, "You talking to me?" The woman nods her. Bianca's face contorts with anger,"Bitch I'm not the..." I cut her off trying to laugh the awkward situation away, "what she meant to say was she doesn't work here. This is my friend Bianca, she lives here with me." I give her a smile. She smiles back. "You're such as sweet heart...unlike your friend over there." Bianca gives a sarcastic laugh. "You know what? imma go get that paper before I punch a old ass lady in the face." Bianca heads to the lowest floor of the house to ask for a pen and some paper.
"So I never got your name." I tell the woman. "You can just call me Aunt Alessandra." She takes out a pen and a note pad. "Between me and you, I already had a pen and some paper, I just wanted her to leave." I shake my head and laugh,"You know you guys actually act just alike." She begins measuring me. Writing every number on the notepad. After she finishes she places everything neatly back in her bag. "Ok I gotta go get to work on your dress, you get some rest. You've got to be prepared to deal with you know who tomorrow." I tilt my head to the side. "Who?" "He didn't tell you? Man my nephew is great but he can be a real cazzo muto. Gianni's ex will be at the dinner party. She is clearly still in love with him and she probably already hates you. Her name is
Sofia Bianchi. She's a tall skinny piece of shit!" "I take it you don't like her." I laugh. "That is correct. That's why I am glad my nipote found you." I blush. After she leaves I do exactly as she says.
I head up stairs and straight to my room. I undress and get into the shower.
As I let the hot water scorch my skin I hear the bathroom door open. I don't care to look. "How'd it go" I heard Gianni say from out side the shower. "Good...why didn't you tell me she was your aunt?" "It wasn't really that important." I poke my head out of the shower, "Not that important?" He laughs and walks out of the bathroom. After I get out of the shower and put my pajamas on. I step out of the shower, I walk to the bed where Gianni is waiting.I decided to totally ignore him. "Was she overwhelming?" I don't say anything, I just get under the cover and lye down facing the opposite direction. "Spencer...are you ignoring me?" He turns to face my back. I close my eyes and pretend I fell sleep. "I know you're not sleeping". I don't say anything. The room goes quiet. Ahh, finally some peace and quiet. I snuggle into the plush bed, gearing myself for sleep. All of the sudden, someone snatches the blanket off of my body. I quickly sit up turning toward Gianni. He has the blanket wrapped around him like he's a burrito. "Give me back the blanket." "Not until you promise you're not going to ignore me." I roll my eyes, "Fine. I won't ignore you anymore...now let me go to sleep." He opens the blanket up and I lye next to him, lying my head on his chest, "You're such a big baby." He laughs, "I love you too." Let sleep consume me.