CHAPTER THREE

Two weeks have passed since the first day you came and things were going smoothly well. You worked everyday in the morning and one hour in the afternoon and then you went to have fun with your workmates that were now your friends. They were good people, crazy but still nice and they cared about you.

Today you were going back home to have lunch but decided to have a little walk since it was a sunny day. The streets were full of people so you decided to go to a more quiet street. You were walking when you saw something strange cross the sky. It looked like something square but you couldn't see it right. You heard people screaming so you walked near to see what was happening. Then, your mouth dropped out : you saw shizuo throwing traffic signals and vending machines to the guy that had helped you to get up the day you were running late to work. It was so intense you couldn't blink. Now you knew why Shizuo was considered the strongest person of Ikebukuro. But the other guy was quite fast too. Suddenly, Shizuo threw another machine and it almost hit the man so the guy took a knife from his pocket and stabbed Shizuo right in the leg.

Shizuo : you know this won't make me weaker, don't ya?

Guy : yes but it will make you slower!

Having said that, the man run away. You approached Shizuo running, worried about the wound.

(Y/n) : Shizuo! Are you ok?!

When he saw you running, his heart skipped a beat. He held your hand and started running.

Shizuo : (Y-Y/n) you shouldn't be seen with me.

(Y/n) : W-what? W-why? Where are you taking me?

Shizuo : Somewhere safe where we can talk.

You saw that although he had a knife stabbed in his leg he could walk and run perfectly. He stopped in an alley and you could tell that he was nervous.

Shizuo : there's a pub here. D-do you want to go in or do you prefer going to another place?

He turned around so you didn't see him blushing. You thought that he was really shy and felt pity for him.

(Y/n) : Let's go to the place you say. I'm interested now. -You wink.

Shizuo : O-okay.

(Y/n) : But first, shouldn't you go to a hospital? - you point at his leg.

Shizuo : I'm fine really. And probably if I take that out it will start to bleed... And I rather talk to you first.

You entered in the pub. It was completely empty except for the bartender who was cleaning some glasses. Shizuo took you to a table that was behind a curtain, in a room that it looked like it was for VIP clients.

(Y/n) : Is this the place where you worked?

Shizuo : I've worked in a few pubs and yes this is one of them. It's a bit shadowy yet perfect because not a lot of people come here.

(Y/n) : I see. Anyways, what is happening?

Shizuo : First, has anyone recently followed you home or spied you?

(Y/n) : No that I know.

Shizuo : Mmm... Secondly, the guy I was fighting with earlier... Did you know him or did his face sounded familiar?

(Y/n) : actually yes... I'm surprised you ask me that because once I ran into him and then he helped me to get up.

Suddenly a vein popped on Shizuo's face when he was frowning. At the same time the bartender appeared and asked what you wanted to order. You asked for tea and Shizuo for a chocolate milkshake. You thought that it was cute for a guy of his age to order that. His anger seemed to have dissapeared. When the bartender brought the drinks you resumed the conversation.

(Y/n) : So... What happens with this guy.

Shizuo : his name is Izaya and he is the most dangerous person in Ikebukuro. Also he is a douche. He likes to manipulate people. Last year a new boy came here and it only took two days to Izaya to make his life impossible.

(Y/n) : I see... So now I'm his new target or something?

Shizuo : Yes you are.

(Y/n) : What?! But why?! I did nothing bad to him!

Shizuo : It does not matter. He picks people randomly. He prefers newbies that had moved to ikebukuro recently.

(Y/n) : And how do you know that now he is after me?

He blushes and adjusts his glasses that almost fell of his nose.

Shizuo : erm... Well... I...

Suddenly someone opens the curtain and Erika, Kadota, Yumasaki and Saburou appear.

Erika and Yumasaki : WHAAAAAT?! WAIT WAIT WAIT. ARE YOU TWO ON A DATE?!?!?!

Kadota and Saburou sweat dropped by their comment and Shizuo blushes and a vein pops in his forehead. Kadota sees this and hurries to calm down the ambient.

Kadota : oi oi you two you know why we are here. Shizuo seems to have been faster than us.

Erika : We know we know buy they look so cute together!

They sit next to them and order some coffee. When the bartender comes they start a serious conversation.

Kadota : (Y/n), it seems you have met Izaya before, but we need to warn you : he is a very dangerous man.

(Y/n) : B-but... You all talk like if he really is going to hurt me. I-I'm scared...

Your eyes got wet and Shizuo got up of his sit really angry making the table tremble. You all stare at him.

Shizuo : I'm going to kill the flea right now!

Kadota : Shizuo wait! Nothing good will happen if you lose your temper.

Erika : Kadota is right, Shizuo. We need to make a plan.

(Y/n) : what I don't get is how you know that he is coming after me.

Then everyone shut up. There was an awkward silence and nobody said anything.

(Y/n) : ok if you don't wanna tell me, what do I do?

Kadota : You don't have to worry (Y/n). We will be protecting you 24/7.

(Y/n) : Really? But why?

Erika : Because you are our friend!

You felt something warm in your chest and you couldn't help but smile.