One.

2 months earlier...

I walk down the streets of my small hometown, people glare at me as I walk past. Dirty looks are thrown every time I walk past someone.

Judgemental cunts.

I'm the scandal of this town, all because I'm a single teen mother who has nothing going for her.

When I fell pregnant I began my plan to leave this town, and now 2 years later I'm still fucking here.

I need to get my son and I out of here, I can't have him growing up in a place like this.

I head into a shop and pick up what I need, still hearing all the whispers around me as I pay for my stuff.

People clearly have nothing better to do. I roll my eyes as the whispers are still going on. I walk out of the shop and start to head home again.

As I walk home someone bumps into me and the bag falls right out of my hand.

"You idiot!" I yell, feeling frustrated.

"I'd say sorry but... I'm not sorry." The asshole replies as I bend down to pick up the plastic shopping bag.

"You're an asshole." I tell him and he chuckles.

"No lady. I'm Simon." He says smirking at me. I roll my eyes and try to walk away but this Simon guy stops me.

"Oh don't tell me, you're the very same as the rest of the snobby cunts in this town.

"Oh I definitely am not." I say and he nods his head.

"What's your name then?" He says and I look at him, trying to figure him out.

"Adele... Adele Adkins." I say and a look of realisation comes over his face.

"Ah you're the one my mum is always bitching about. Teen mother right?" He says and I scoff at his words.

"Yep, that's right. Now I must be getting back to my son, have a great day sir." I say and I try to walk away again.

He takes my hand and I notice he's placed something in it. Before I can say anything he's gone.

I make my trip back home once again and finally I get back. I can already see my little boy standing at the door, his arms out for me to come to him.

I open the door and he smiles widely at me.

"Mumma!" He says, getting excited, I scoop him up and place him on my hip.

"Hi baby! Do you want to see what mummy got from the shops?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen. He nods his head and I laugh.

I place him in his chair and put the bag on the table. I also take out the piece of paper and put it on the table.

I hand Angelo a chocolate bar from the shopping bag and he grins widely. I kiss his head and leave him to eat his chocolate as I put the groceries away.

Once I've done that I sit at the table with Angelo and look at the piece of paper.

Simon Konecki, +44 20 7123 4567. Up for causing trouble? Call me.

Finally someone who might actually have some fun in this town.
                •••••••••
Idk how to feel about this but I hope you enjoyed. I'm excited to get this book going, I hope you'll love it xx

                  •••••
Please vote and comment 🌸