Twenty-five

1 month later...

I've been back home now for almost 3 weeks and I'm so glad to be fully recovered and with my son, safe in my home again.

Simon has visited a few times and we've been texting on and off.

I can't get over how weird it is to be texting him and seeing him knowing we are both now safe.

The only downside is I am the talk of the town once again, but nothing's really changed there.

I'm getting Angelo dressed when my phone beeps, Simons name is on the screen and I quickly fix Angelo's t-shirt and then check the message.

Can you meet me at the folly in an hour? I read it aloud, I mentally laugh at the message.

Just like old times eh? I reply back and wait for his reply. Soon after another message comes in.

Of course haha.. but can you? He says and I type out my reply.

Sounds good. I'll be bringing Angelo. I send it and put my phone down.

"Baby we're going to see Simon soon!" I tell him and he grins widely, he's mad about Simon and it's my favourite thing.

"Mummy?" Angelo says as he climbs onto my bed to sit beside me.

"Yes sweetie?" I reply and he rests his head on my arm.

"Is Simon your special friend?" He asks and I almost choke on my own breath.

"Angelo, Simon is a very good friend and we like each other very much but we're not special friends." I tell him, he moves quickly to sit in front of me and he has a frown on his face.

"Oh what's wrong baby?" I say and he fold his arms in front of him.

"Simon should be your special friend!" He says in a huff and I try so hard not to laugh at him.

"How about you say that to Simon, yeah?" I say and he nods his head.

"I will mummy!" He says as he climbs off of my bed and walks out of my room with his head in the air.

I laugh at him quite loudly but I'm cut off when I hear him yelling.

"Don't laugh at me mummy!" That just makes me laugh louder and I hear him sigh loudly.

I pick up my phone and put on a pair of flats and walk out of the room, following Angelo.

"Angelo go sit in your chair while mummy makes breakfast." I tell him as I take the cereal down from the cupboard.

I am too lazy to make anything fancy today, I think to myself as I grab two bowls and pour the cereal in them, I get the milk from the fridge and pour a bit into both bowls.

I grab Angelo's favourite spoon and a random one for myself.

I sit down and place his bowl in front of him and he laughs when I hand him his spoon.

"What are you laughing at honey?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"Cereals not very fancy." He says and I shake my head at him, eating my cereal.

"You're a cheeky monkey." I tell him and he nods his head as he starts to eat his cereal.

It's quite while we both eat, as always.

"Ello sweethearts." My mum says happily as she walks in the door.

We both nod her heads at her, too busy with our cereal. She laughs at the way we're so in sync when we eat.