Two.

I put Angelo down for his nap before I decide to call Simon, I make sure that my bedroom door is locked so that my mother won't walk in.

It rings twice before he picks up.

"Simon Konecki, how may I be of service?" He says into the phone and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"It's Adele, Adele Adkins." I say simply and there's a moment of silence.

"Oh yes, Ms. Adkins. What's up?" He says and I roll my eyes at the way he's speaking.

"Why'd you give me your number?" I say and he chuckles.

"You look like a girl who wants to get into trouble." He says and I shrug my shoulders, even though he can't see me.

"I guess so." I say and again he chuckles.

"Meet me at the folly at 9:00pm tonight." He says and I gasp.

"Simon, you do realise I'm 17 years old, my mother still gives me a bed time.

"Yeah and? Sneak out." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I'll think about it Simon." I say and then hang up.

God that boy is going to get me into serious trouble. I can't help but feel excited.

My phone beeps with a message and I expect it to be my mother but it's Simon.

"Don't leave me hanging tonight Adele, we can have some fun."

I throw my phone back on my bed and once again roll my eyes, if he's on about sex he has got another thing coming.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling for a while, I think about going but every time I almost decide to go I change my mind.

I need to let loose. I really do.

I check the time, shit it's 4:00pm already, my mum will be home soon, I sit up in my bed and look over to Angelo's crib, he's beginning to stir so I get up and walk over to him.

When I get to his crib his eyes open and I smile.

"Hi baby!" I say and he looks up at me sleepily.

I pick him up and I place him on my hip, I walk to my door and unlock it, I walk out into the hallway and I can already smell my mothers strong smelling perfume.

I walk into the kitchen and smile at her, she gives me a tight lipped smile back and I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"How was your day mother?" I ask her as I set Angelo down on his chair.

"It was good. You?" She asks and I nod my head.

"It was good." I simply say and she nods.

That's just the general conversation with me and my mother, even when I was a child.

It got even worse when Angelo came along, I was a disgrace to her, I still am.

"I like Angelo's outfit." She says and I smile at the fact she acknowledged him.

"It's cute isn't it?" I say with a smile and she smiles slightly.

"Will I make dinner tonight mother?" I ask and she shakes her head no.

"I'll do it, it's ok." She says and I nod my head.

••••••••••

I get Angelo into his pyjamas and place him in his crib. He smiles up at me and I smile at him.

"Love you mumma." He says as I smile.

"Love you baby." I say and he smiles as he gets comfortable and closes his eyes.

I sit there for a while, keeping an eye on the time, it's almost 8:30pm so the moment I know Angelo is asleep, I start to prepare myself to meet Simon.

I decide to text him before I make my escape out of the house.

"See you at 9:00 Simon."

I simply say, I put my shoes and coat on and place my phone in the pocket.

I give Angelo a kiss on his head and slowly make my way out of my bedroom.

Remind me why I'm doing this again?
                ••••••••••
Hi guys! Sorry the chapters are boring, this is all just the background before the real drama happens.
               ••••••••••
Please vote and comment🌸