Twenty-one

We run as fast as we can, neither of us daring to stop or look back. My heart is practically beating out of my chest and my feet are starting to sting each time they hit the ground.

I want to stop, I want to just give up and surrender but I know that would be the worst possible thing for me to do.

Eventually I notice Simon start to slow down so I slow down too, just following his lead as I always fucking do because I'm an idiot.

"Adele are you ok?" He asks me and I hold back from snapping at him.

"Not really Simon." I say, trying to act like I'm not pissed off at his stupid question.

"I'm sorry." He says and I roll my eyes, here we go with his ridiculous apologies, pointless apologies.

"You say that all the time Simon. It's beginning to lose its meaning." I say as we come to a complete stop in a sheltered area on the road.

"But I am sorry. I knew this would get messy but when I first brought you with me I didn't care but then, I-well I- um..." He starts to slip on his words at the end and I look at him, now confused.

"Spit it out will you!" I say, getting frustrated.

"What I told you in the hotel..." he says and I remember that he told me he had fallen for me.

"Oh that you fancy me?" I say, trying to brush it off, not wanting to get into the conversation again. He scoffs at my reply and I stare at him, waiting for him to make a smart comment.

"I don't just fancy you Adele! I fucking love you!" He says and I'm taken aback by his small outburst.

"Shutup Simon, no you don't." I say, again trying to brush it off, not wanting to own up to my own feelings for this man.

"Cmon Adele, please believe me." He says, stepping closer to me.

I moved back, hitting off of a metal gate in the process.

"Simon no!" I say, now getting extremely angry at him. 

I push at his shoulders and he moves back when I do. He starts to walk up the road again, I stand in shock for a second, not wanting to move.

When I can't see him anymore I run out onto the road, what I didn't realise was that there was a car speeding up the road.

The last thing I heard was the sound of sirens and Simons sobs ringing through my ears before I blacked out.

Ok so hello, I'm sorry this is short and I've left it at a cliffhanger but I hope you enjoyed, I'm taking a break off of some internet things but  I'm not involving wattpad in that so I'll probably either update later or tomorrow night! Thanks for reading xx