Chapter Eleven: Tortured and Saved

You wake up at a big room, the smell of old boxes wafted in your nose. A dim light shone above you so your surroundings were dark and you can't make more observations. Though, you were certain that the door is in front of you.

You felt ropes tied around your hand in the back of a chair and your feet were also tied to the legs of the chair. You tried wriggling out but failed. You felt a pang of exhaustion come over you, so you gave up for a while.

You were sweaty, you felt your hair stick out all over. You blew a strand out of your view and soon, the door opened, revealing a tall man, who towered above you.

"Ah good, you are awake." His voice had a tinge of an English accent but mostly French.

To be honest, you would expect the guy to speak French, seeing that you're staying in Paris.

Your throat felt dry. You couldn't speak well, but you managed to choke out, "Let me go. I don't have anything to give you."

His lips curved upward to a smirk. "Lie."

Fingers began to trace your arm. You bit your lip, getting a little disgusted with each trace that passed.

"If you think you can do that to me, you're wrong."

"Oh really? Just you wait, little lady."

You cringed at the name. You knew very well that, that name is not right for a person like you.

"Little?" You started. "Maybe that thing of yours is what you're talking about, not me."

A slap came across your cheek, yet you were still smirking. He was roasted, and he didn't take that nicely.

He stormed out and you were alone again. One thing you noticed about the door though it looked wooden, it wasn't just an ordinary door.

Nor the place wasn't just an ordinary room.

"High tech?"

---

Meanwhile, Alex was already on the way to you. Who knows how he can track you.

He stood in front of a building, about 30 storeys high. He entered through the door, not expecting it to automatically open.

"Whoa Technology!"

---

"Damn this...damn it all." You muttered, still struggling to at least get one body part out of the ropes.

Thirty minutes have passed, or so you thought. Well of course, you forgot to keep track of the time.

"Is this rope also high tech?!" Out of frustration, you shouted.

Yes, that door was high tech. What a high class technological kidnapping.

Suddenly, you heard thuds outside of the room you were in. There were sounds of grunts and 'oofs'.

Your eyes widened, not because of surprise but you felt a sensation that told you someone was there, aggressively fighting those figures just for you.

"Alex?"

As if on cue, the door opened. The light blinded you for a second yet you forced your eyes open.

"Alex!" You cried out, momentarily forgetting the ropes still tied around you. "Ow..."

He immediately moved to you, cutting the ropes with a switchblade. You broke free, and tackled him to the ground.

"Ah the scent of freedom!"

He chuckled, albeit still surprised with the tackling.

"Though... I have a question..." You stuttered.

"How did I find you? Well it was simple-"

You cut him off. "No, not that."

"Then what is it?"

"Why did you say, 'Whoa Technology!'?" You were actually displaying a curious yet amused face. "Just asking..."

He smiled, averted his gaze somewhere while...blushing?

"Oh uh...nothing."

"It was funny!"

"Really?"

"Yeah...too bad I don't think I'll hear you say that again."

"You'll hear it later, once we get out of here."

You both stood up from the ground and made a run for the elevator to the ground floor. He stepped forward to the door and it automatically opened.

"Whoa Technology!"

---------------------------------------------

Okay what did I just do

I'm so obsessed with this meme so idk if this turned out really well or nah

Yeah yeah I know it was kinda (?) short lol but really I suck at writing scenes like this hah

What should I do next? XD