Part 4

Elin felt the guy on top of her pound into her, and his face was buried in the crook of her neck, but the only thing she could do was stare at Chris. Their eyes were locked, and neither of them could look away. Until eventually, the stranger groaned, and Elin knew he was finished, and Chris slammed the door shut.

"Get off of me!" Elin suddenly demanded, pushing the guy off of her body and quickly pulling her skirt down and her panties on. She hurried out of the room, and searched every last room to find Chris – she had no clue why she was doing that, but the urge was too strong to fight it.

When she found him, he was making out with two girls simultaneously, kissing one after the other in the middle of the living room.

"There you are! I've been looking for you for the last twenty minutes, you worried me!" Noora came into view, placing herself between Elin and Chris, even though she was unaware of it. "Are you okay?" She asked softly, brushing a strand of Elin's hair behind her ear.

It had been so long since anyone had been this affectionate with her, and she was so utterly shitfaced that Elin practically burst into tears as she threw herself in the arms of her friend, clutching Noora against her for dear life.

"I don't want to go home and be alone in my flat," she admitted. "Can you just stay with me for a little while so I can sober up?"

"Of course, Elin," Noora replied in a soothing tone, rubbing her back in comfort. "Come with me, we'll get some water in you and take some fresh air."

*

Around two in the morning, the party started dying down, and most people left or drifted off on the couch. Chris had grown bored of the two girls in his arms as soon as Elin wasn't there to see him anymore. He wanted to hurt her. He wanted to make a feel a fraction of what he experienced when he opened that door and found her in that position with that pig – who would never be invited to a party ever again, in his entire school years, Chris would make damn sure of that.

He had to remind himself that this was all a game, and Elin was just playing, she was playing and winning, as far as Chris was concerned. She clearly had the upper hand if Chris couldn't even stand seeing her with someone else. What if she didn't even care seeing him with other girls? After all, she simply walked away with Noora while he hooked up with two second years. That was three hours ago, and now he was downright worried. It was a bad call, hooking up with those girls. It was a bad call fighting fire with fire, and he needed to find her. That's what he meant to do in the first place tonight: talk to her. Instead of that, he dug his own grave. There was no way she would ever want to be with him after that.

"Hey man, have you seen Elin?" Chris asked around him, to every person who seemed sober enough and awake enough to answer.

One of them eventually told him she went to the backyard and he rushed out of the room and towards the backdoor, finding her exactly there, sitting on the stairs leading to Eva's garden – Eva who passed out an hour ago in Vilde's arms.

He sat down next to her, quietly, although she still jumped in surprise. She was hugging her knees against her chest, her chin atop them, and she snuggled the Penetrators sweater like it was her survival blanket.

"Aren't you cold?" Was the best thing he could think of saying.

"I'm freezing," she said calmly. It was like all the anger she felt towards him had vanished, as if tonight had served as catalyst for all their negative feelings. "But I don't want to go back."

"I understand," he said thoughtfully, placing his elbows on his knees and joining his hands. "What happened tonight, Elin?"

"Wish I knew," she huffed, her voice cracking in the middle of the sentence, as if she had used it too much, or maybe it was the cold. The temperature was probably around five below. If they stayed here, they would catch their death. "Is Noora still here?"