Here Come Those Eyes

*Brooke P.O.V*

It's been two weeks since everything finally came together. These past fourteen days might be the best.

"Only one more month of school!" Kaylee exclaims excitedly running over to me.

"Don't mention it." Louis mutters.

"Aww...that's means you leave soon." Kaylee fakes some sniffles and earns a playful smack from me.

I scan the halls. I see Sean and Brittany in some heated argument. Shaking my head my eyes find Easton waving his hands wildly talking to Ryland, who is rolling his eyes dramatically. Kaylee gives a wave and they head our way.

"Hey guys!" Easton calls running over and high-fiving us.

Without a word Ryland comes over and kisses me softly.

"Oh my gosh. Seriously guys." Kaylee whines.

Ryland sticks his tongue out at her like a child and I turn away blushing. It was terribly embarrassing sometimes. I think he wasn't one to care about anyone's opinion on PDA. Not that I mind. 

"I love you." I whisper, and he kisses my cheek before we head to class. 

*Ryland P.O.V*

I tap my finger impatiently against my shaking knee as I watch the seconds on the clock tick by.

"Come on." I mutter under my breath. "Hurry up."

The minutes couldn't go by sooner, and I'm not sure if it's just the anxiety getting to me or if I'm really just freaking out.

"Dude, what's got your panties in a twist?" I feel a nudge on my shoulder from Easton. "I can practically see the sweat dripping down your face." He does some weird shimmering motion across his own face before gesturing to mine.

I throw him a sarcastic glare and roll my eyes. "Stalker." Easton just scoffs at my lame comeback.

We sit for a moment listening to Ms. Barker drone on and on about a stupid subject we'll never need to know about in the future. We're about seconds away from our last class for the day, and, I swear, I'm about to shit my pants.

"Seriously, what's up?" Easton's voice once again catches my attention away from the clock. His tone of voice sounds serious, which is pretty unusual for a joking guy like him.

"Nothing, dude..." I trail off, knowing that it'll piss Easton off. "...except the fact that I'm planning to ask Brooke on a date tonight."

"Oh, of course." Easton rolls his eyes at the bright grin on my face. "I should have known you were excited over something about Brooke. When are you ever not?"

I ignore his accusations and, instead, change the subject towards him. "Dude, we've got to get you a girlfriend."

"...and why exactly?"

"So, we can totally go on double dates together and stuff!" I squeal in my quietest yet girlish voice possible. Obviously, I take Easton off guard with the flutter of my eyelashes and the lift of my eyebrows, because he just sits and stares at me for a second.

"Sorry, bro, but I'm not that interested in dating you."

"Idiot!" I shake my head at his sarcasm. "I meant, me and Brooke, and you and some chick, not us together, you, moron."

"Well, obviously." He retorts with a dramatic flip of his curly hair. "I'm too good for you, anyways."

Suddenly, the shrill of the bell catches us both off guard. We slightly jot at the loud noise, before everyone goes into a frenzy of trying to escape the school.