11

Layla's point of view

The next day, Ed and mom and dad left the house at 11. I hadn't spoken to Ed since what happened, and I wasn't gonna either until he apologized to Ben.

I walked downstairs to find Chris and Jennie sharing a box of Ben & Jerry's.

"Where'd you get that?" I asked.

"Daddy gave us." Chris said.

"He bought one for you too. It's in the freezer." Jennie said. I immediately sprinted to the kitchen to get my ice cream. I grabbed the ice cream and a spoon before going back to the living room.

"Do you guys wanna watch a movie?" I asked while opening the ice cream. They both nodded, their mouths full of ice cream. "Which movie?"

"Moana!" Chris exclaimed after swallowing the ice cream. Jennie nodded in agreement.

"Okay, Moana it is, then." I said and put the movie on. While we were watching, I insisted we took a selfie together. All 3 smiled for the picture. I filtered it so it would match my feed before I posted it on instagram, captioning it "moana & ice cream with my faves"

A little after we finished watching the movie, mom, dad, and Ed came back. I instantly headed up to my room so I didn't have to face him.

I watched netflix on my laptop while texting with Erica and Sarah in our group chat. I told them about what happened with Ed and Ben, and they were both shocked over how Ed could do something like that.

"Why did you tell them?" I heard Ed ask. I looked towards the door and saw him enter. I ignored him and looked back on my computer. "I asked you a question."

Still, I didn't say anything.

"You're so immature." Ed said before leaving my room. I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see me anymore.

"Layla?"

I looked to my door and saw Jennie.

"Hey, Jennie, what's up?" I asked.

"Can you drive me to Sofia? Mum and dad said they don't have time and Ed is angry, so I'm scared to ask him." She said. I had to think about it before answering. I figured out that Ben would he in his room anyway. After yesterday, I wasn't ready to see him yet.

"Of course." I replied. I turned off my computer and got out of my bed. We headed downstairs and told mom and dad we were leaving before we walked out to the car.

On the way, we played Twenty One Pilots, my absolute favorite band.(A/N: i know this is in the future and top probably will be done by this year, but i don't know which bands will he popular in 18 years, so the artists that are now will be the current artists in this book)

Shortly after, we arrived at the Remingtons' house. Jennie and I hopped out of the car and walked up to the door. I let her ring the doorbell, and it was soon opened by Mrs. Remington.

"Hi, I'm here to drop of Jennie." I said and smiled at her. Mrs. Remington greeted Jennie before she ran up to Sofia's room.

"Ben has been asking for you." Mrs Remington said when Jennie was out of sight. "But don't worry, I told him you were busy. I know things have been hard for you."

"Yeah..." I said, looking down. "I haven't told anyone this, but I was gonna take him back, but I can't do it now anymore. It'll only seem like I'm taking him back because I feel sorry for him."

"I'm gonna give you some advice, Layla. Don't care about what people think. What matters is that you and Ben know the truth. If you really love my son, tell him. And by the way, I'm not just saying this because I'm his mother. I'm talking from experience." She said. I thought about it and decided to do it. I was gonna take him back.

"Would it be okay if I go and talk to him?" I asked.

"Be my guest. He's in his room." She replied. I thanked her before walking inside and heading up to his room.

As I stood in front of his door, I took a deep breath before softly knocking on the door. I then opened it and walked inside to see a sleeping Ben.

I walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge of it. I brushed some hair out of his face and smiled.

"Ben, wake up." I said, trying to be as quiet as possible.

When he didn't wake up, I repeated myself. Slowly, he fluttered his eyes open. He seemed confused to see me there, but he didn't say anything.

"How are you feeling?" I asked while he sat up a little, just so he wasn't fully lying down anymore.

"My head hurts." He said.

"Can you remember your name know?" I asked, making him let out a little chuckle.

"Ben Remington." He said and I smiled. "Not to be rude, but what are you doing here?"

"I was just dropping off Jennie, but I wanted to talk to you." I replied.

"Oh. About what?" He asked.

"About us." I said. He just looked at me, not saying anything. "Don't think I'm just saying this because I feel sorry for you, but I miss you. I miss us."

"I think I know what you're saying, but I'm afraid to get my hopes up." He said.

"I want it to be us again. Our time apart has shown me that I just can't be without you. It was killing me to see you every day, especially seeing the condition you were in. I was worried about you. It was obvious that you weren't getting enough sleep and you were even skipping classes. All of these things were pointing towards depression, you know." I said and noticed a tear fall down his cheek.

"I love you so, so much." He said as more tears were coming.

"No, don't cry. Why are you crying?" I asked.

"'Cause I'm happy. I didn't think I would ever get you back." He said, taking my hand.

I smiled at him and lied down next to him. I had my head on his shoulder as he pressed his lips to my forehead.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you, too."

-----
hope you enjoy this!! :)) x

please vote!
- m i a h xx