16

Layla's point of view

Having to keep Nicky a secret at school next day was extremely hard. I wanted to tell everyone about my new nephew, but if I did, someone would leak the story online. We also wanted to all get used to having Nicky at our house.

When school was finally over, I was thrilled. Ed instantly went to go and meet Nicky while I headed home. I had spent almost all night making the perfect 'welcome home, Nicky!' banner which I hung up in the living room when I got home.

Mom, Jennie and Chris had made a cake we could all celebrate with and dad was out buying presents for Nicky. Nicky was sure gonna grow up in a loving home.

Mom and dad had explained the whole situation to Jennie and Chris, and they luckily understood everything. They were both really excited to meet their nephew as well.

"Do you need any help?" I asked mom as I walked into the kitchen.

"Could you please go and get Chris's old high chair and set it up by the kitchen table?" She asked.

"Sure." I answered and did as she said. I ran downstairs to the basement and got the chair. I then carried it upstairs and brought it into the kitchen. I also adjusted the chair to make it comfortable for a two month old baby.

When the chair was placed correctly, I helped mom set the table. Eventually, dad came home as well and helpd mom with the rest of the dinner.

"Ed just texted me saying they're on their way!" Mom exclaimed. I immediately smiled and started getting really excited. "Everyone gather in the living room!" Mom shouted.

Jennie and Chris came running from downstairs and me, mom and dad came from the kitchen. We all gathered under the banner I made, ready to meet little Nicky.

I felt my heart beating faster and faster as I heard Ed's car pull up in the driveway. I heard car doors open and close, and then I heard the front door being opened.

Ed walked into the living room, holding the most beautiful baby boy in his arms.

"Welcome home, Nicky!" We all said, making Ed smile. I was the first one to run over to Ed and Nicky.

"Oh my god, he's so precious!" I said looking into Nicky's green eyes. "Hi, cutie. I'm your aunt Layla." I cooed and played with his little hands.

"Let me look at the little lad." Dad said walking up next to me. He was holding Chris on his right arm so he could see Nicky too. Jennie was standing between me and mom on her tippy toes.

"Can I please hold him, Ed?" I asked Ed giving him the puppy eyes.

"Of course." Ed replied chuckling. He handed me Nicky and I just melted looking at him. He was so little and so precious.

I started making faces at Nicky, making him smile. His smile was just like Ed's. Almost everything about him reminded me of Ed. He was just like a copy of him.

After I held Nicky, it was mom's turn. She, of course, started crying.

"I can't believe I'm a grandma already." She said and kissed Nicky's forehead. After she had held Nicky for a while too, it was dad's turn. He cried as well.

Then it was Jennie, and last but not least, we let Chris have him in his lap on the couch. Chris kept giggling at the noises Nicky made and he would keep giving him little kisses all the time.

"Come on everyone, let's eat." Mom said after a while. Ed picked up Nicky from Chris's lap and carried him into the kitchen. He sat him down in the high chair and then he sat down in the chair next to him.

After everyone had gotten food on their plates, we decided to take the first family photo after it now has been extended. Dad put his phone on a tripod made out of all the cooking books mom had put on top of a chair. He then put the camera on a timer and hurried back to his seat. We all smiled for the photo, we even got Nicky to crack a smile. Ed gave him a little tickle, which made him smile.

When the photo was taken, dad picked up his phone and put the books back. Then, we began eating. Most of the conversations were about Nicky and Ed's plans for him. Mom and dad eventually agreed to let him skip school tomorrow to get Nicky into daycare.

As we were still eating, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out and saw that Ben had texted me.

Ben: wanna come over? we need to talk

To Ben: i'll see if i have time. if so,  i need to come up with an excuse

Ben: just tell your parents you're going to sarah's or something

To Ben: i'll text you when i know

"Layla, put your phone down." Dad said. I nodded and lied it down on the table.

Suddenly the phone vibrated and the screen lit up. Mom, who was sitting next to me, looked at the screen before I got the chance to take it away.

"What did we say about Ben?" Mom said sternly. I sighed.

"I know what you said, but he just wants me to meet him to talk. I don't even know what he wants to talk about." I said.

"You are not allowed to see him, young lady." Dad said.

"Come on, don't be so hard on her. Just let her see him once." Ed said, defending me. I shot him a smile and mouthed 'thank you'.

"Fine, but you better be home within an hour from when you leave." Dad said. I didn't say anything, I just nodded.

After dinner, I headed upstairs to get ready. I changed into black jeans and a grey hoodie. I put my hair up in a bun as well.

Then, I walked back downstairs. I smiled as I saw Chris playing peek-a-boo with Nicky on the couch with Ed watching.

I then said bye to everyone and gave Nicky little kisses on his cheeks before leaving the house. I got into mine and Ed's car and began driving to Ben's house. As I got closer, I began getting nervous about what he wanted to talk to me about. I tried thinking about it, but nothing came to mind, so what could it possibly be?

------
hope you like this <33

- m i a h xx