9

Layla's point of view

It was a long week, but eventually it was Friday night. I had spent an hour getting ready when the doorbell rang. Ed, who didn't know anything about Jack and Ben's plan, ran to open the door.

"Bye, everyone!" I shouted as Ed and I left the house. Ed sat in the front of Jack's car while I sat in the back. As we were driving, I felt my phone buzz.

Jacob: are you here yet? i'm waiting right inside.

To Jacob: We're on our way. is ben there yet?

Jacob: yeah, he's standing on his phone. he's already standing next to a girl, though

To Jacob: oh. well we're there in five

Jacob: okay, see you then

A little over five minutes later, we parked outside Noah's house. We walked inside and I was immediately met by Jacob.

"Jacob, I'm gonna need Layla for just a minute." Jack said, trying to grab my hand.

"Sorry, but I need her too." Jacob said. Ed had already wandered off, so he didn't witness any of it.

"You can have her later, but I need her for something right now." Jack said. I gave in and decided to just go with Jack. I knew what was coming anyway. "Come on, I found you the perfect guy in the kitchen."

I was trying my best to act like I didn't already know about their plan.

As soon as we walked into the kitchen, it happened. I saw Ben making out with the school slut, Stacey. I just crossed my arms and rolled my eyes, showing both Jack and Ben that I didn't care.

"You said you found me a guy?" I said, ignoring Ben and Stacey. I turned around, so my back was facing them.

"Um, he just left. Sorry." He said.

When I turned around again, Ben was gone and Stacey had already moved on to the next guy.

"You can just go back to Jacob. I need to go." Jack said and then walked away. I smirked and started looking for Jacob. I eventually found him and walked up to him.

"How'd it go?" He asked.

"Amazing. You should have seen Jack's face when he realized their plan didn't work." I said, but Jacob didn't say anything back. He was just looking right past me. I turned around to see what he was looking at and was met by a pair of familiar brown eyes.

"You knew about it?" He asked. I looked down and nodded.

"We need to talk." I said.

He nodded and we both headed out to the backyard. We walked behind the big tree, where all of us used to hang out.

"Jacob told you about the plan, didn't he?" Ben asked. I nodded. "Of course he did..."

"I don't understand what has happened to you. I could barely believe my own ears when I heard you had agreed to something like this! You really thought it was going to work?"

"I don't know what I was thinking at all. I guess I was desperate to get you back, so I was open for anything." He said.

"You know, I was actually considering taking you back, but after this, I'm not so sure anymore." I said.