2

Layla's point of view

It was about 3 am when I heard a light knock on my window. I quickly got out of my bed and opened the window for Ben. He smiled as he quietly climbed through. When he was inside, he tripped over his own feet and made a loud noise as he hit the floor. 

"Ben!" I whisper-yelled. "You have to be quiet!" 

He just laughed. 

"Gosh, what's wrong you right now?" I asked, he just kept laughing as he got up from the floor. He suddenly stopped laughing and walked closer to me. He pushed me up against the wall and put his hands on each side of my head. 

"You look so damn beautiful." He said and started kissing me. It didn't take long before I realized that his lips tasted like alcohol. I broke the kiss and stared into his eyes. 

"Ben, are you drunk?" I asked him. 

"What, of course not! I just want you so badly." He said and pressed his lips on mine again. While we were kissing, he led me to the bed and lied me down. He hovered over me and tried taking off my shorts. 

"Ben, no. Not yet." I said. 

"Come on. I've waited 4 years, baby." 

"I'm not ready.. And I refuse to do it while you're drunk." I said. 

"I'm not drunk!" He said, louder than usual. I was surprised it didn't wake anyone. 

"Ben, lower your voice please." I said trying to calm him down. 

"Have sex with me and I'll lower my voice." 

"What the fuck is wrong with you right now?" I asked sitting up on the bed. 

"Nothing is fucking wrong with you. I just want you." He leaned in again, kissing me and again attempting to take off my shorts. 

"Get off me, Ben. I thought you were different." I said. 

"What do you mean 'different'?" He asked, staring into my eyes as he pressed his forehead into mine. 

"You're sexually pressuring me... You promised me you would never do that..." I whispered looking down. 

"Whatever, I'm leaving." He said. He walked away from me and climbed out of the window, not looking at me once. After he was out, I closed the window and let the tears fall. I couldn't process everything that had just happened. I didn't understand anything. 

I turned off the lights and got under the covers. The tears wouldn't stop falling, making it a sleepless night. 

The morning after, I made sure my eyes weren't red before I made an appearance in the kitchen. Luckily, it was a Saturday and I wouldn't have to face Ben. 

"Good morning, sweetie." Mom said and handed me breakfast. 

"Morning." I replied, faking a smile. 

I took my plate with me and sat down next to Chris. He already had his face full of nutella. He was always so adorable. 

The next person to enter the kitchen was Ed. He got his breakfast from mom and sat down opposite of me. He was the only person who could possibly have heard me and Ben. His room is right across the hall from mine, so I wouldn't be surprised. 

Judging by the look he gave me, he might have known Ben was here. I didn't say a word to him during breakfast and quickly headed to my room afterwards. I checked my phone for the first time today, it was basically just showing all the snaps I had gotten and loads of instagram notifications. I also noticed I had several missed calls from Ben, which I just ignored.

"I know he was here last night." Ed said as he entered my room. 

"Go on, tell mom and dad if you want to. I'm breaking up with him anyways..." I said and looked down in my lap. 

"What, why?" He asked and sat down on the bed next to me. He threw an arm around me, hugging me tightly. 

"When he came, he was drunk and tried to sexually pressure me. He knows I'm not ready and I thought he would respect that." I explained, resting my head on his shoulder. 

"That son of a bitch. I swear to god I am going to kill him on Monday. And by the way, I am not letting you out of my sight either." He said. I gave him a weak smile. "Do you want me to buy you ice cream and call Erica?" 

"I can't let mom and dad know we've broken up yet... They'll know he was here." I said. 

"You can't wait too long, Layla. They'll figure it out eventually and you know how dad gets when we keep secrets from him." He said. 

"Don't worry, I will tell them. Just not yet." I said. "But you can still buy me ice cream." 

"I hate you sometimes." He said chuckling. "But only if you come with me."

"Fine." I replied. We headed downstairs and said bye to everyone before leaving. Ed drove while I was in the passenger seat. After nagging on Ed, he finally let me use the aux cord to play Beyonce. 

"Have you officially broken up yet or are you still together?" Ed asked as we were driving. 

"To be honest, I don't know. The last thing he said to me was 'whatever, I'm leaving' or something. But I'm gonna text him and say it's over anyways." I said and pulled out my phone. I ignored all the missed calls and typed a message.

To Ben: sorry things had to end like this, but you made me a promise two years ago that you would wait until I was ready and you broke that promise. You came to my house drunk and tried to sexually pressure me, and because of that, I think it's best we break up. I'm sorry. 

The moment I hit send, a tear rolled down my cheek. 

"It's done." I said to Ed. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

"No, but I will be... I hope." I replied. "Do you mind if I wait in the car while you go inside?" 

"Okay, I'll be back soon." 

He stopped the car and ran inside the shop. While I waited, I was scrolling through instagram when I got a text back from Ben. 

Ben: Please forgive me I never meant anything I said!! I know being drunk isn't an excuse but that's not who I am. You know I treat you good and I never meant to break the promise. I love you with all my heart, Layla... I'm so so so sorry, please forgive me

----------------

hope you like this!!

- m i a h xx