19

Layla's point of view

It's now been two months since we moved to LA. Dad has begun filming his movie and Ed and I just graduated from high school. But, now that we're in summer break, I'm getting closer to my deadline. I need to have made up my mind about college soon.

Of course a year off sounds good, but I would love to go back to England and see Sarah and Erica. The only thing stopping me from going back to England right now is Ben. I never wish to see him again, and also my parents won't allow it. However, he's not going to the same university that I got into. The last time I asked him, he had gotten into a university north in England, far away from London.

"Hey." Ed said as he came into my room, carrying baby Nicky with him. About a month ago, we let the world know about Nicky.

"Hi." I said. Ed sat down on my bed next to me and lied Nicky down.

"Still haven't made up your mind?" Ed asked and I shook my head.

I gave Nicky a little tickle, making him giggle.

"I think you should go back. Go back to Sarah and Erica. You're better off in England anyway." Ed said.

"It's easier said than done, Edward... Like, I would be in a different country than the rest of you! I wouldn't have my family with me and I wouldn't get to see Nicky grow up." I said looking down at the little boy.

"We'll visit! And you can visit us in the holidays and such! And we'll facetime every day! I'll even give you daily updates on Nicky. I just know you wanna go back to England. You're just not admitting it to yourself." He said.

"Maybe you're right..." I said. "But-"

"Layla. You belong in England. No excuses." He said.

"Fine. I'll go to England." I said making Ed smile.

He pulled me in for a hug and brought Nicky in for it too. I gave Nicky some kisses on his chubby cheeks, making him giggle. His giggle was the most wonderful sound I had ever heard.

"I'm gonna go tell mom and dad." I said and got up from my bed. I headed downstairs and looked for mom and dad, who I ended up finding in the kitchen. "Mom, dad. I'm going back to England."

"You've decided?" Dad asked and I nodded.

"I mean, I've already gotten into the university and both Sarah and Erica are going." I said.

"Sounds fair. So, you're absolutely sure this is what you wanna do?" Mom asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." I said.

"Well, I guess I'll have to book you a ticket, then."

------
this was bad and short, but i hope you still like it :)))))

- m i a h xx