14

Layla's point of view

As I entered my room, I immediately dialed Ben's number and told him everything my parents had said. He was of course as upset as I was, but we came up with a plan. We weren't gonna let my parents boss over us, we are both 18 after all.

We decided that we would keep seeing each other, but secretly. Of course, we would need help from our other friends though. Luckily, they agreed to cover for us. For example, I would tell my parents I was gonna see Sarah, but I would actually meet Ben instead.

After I got off the phone with Ben, Ed walked into my room. I lied down on my bed with my back facing him, refusing to look at him. I heard him walk over to my bed and then I felt him sit down.

"Leave." I said.

"Can you just listen to me for a second?" He asked. I didn't say anything, so then he kept speaking. "I didn't know that mom and dad were gonna do that. That wasn't what I had in mind at all. I just thought that you would listen to me for once if mom and dad were there."

"If you hadn't been acting like such a jerk, I would have listened earlier." I said.

I still wasn't facing him, but I could hear him walk to the other side of the bed. He sat down on the floor right in front if me, forcing me to look at him.

"Remember our last big fight?" Ed asked.

"That was about Ben too..." I said.

There was silence for a short moment before Ed spoke again, "I hate fighting with you. I really do. So, what do you say we'll be partners in crime again?"

"What do you mean?"

"In exchange for you forgiving me, I'll help you make mom and dad let you see Ben again." He said.

"You'd do that for me?" I asked.

"Of course. You're my sister, Layla. You're literally my other half, and I believe I owe you big time since you were nice enough to not eat me in the womb." Ed said. I cracked a small smile at his comment.

"Okay, we're partners in crime again." I said and sat up in my bed. Ed smiled and instantly hugged me. I was really glad to have my brother back, I really was.

But now it was time for the hard part. Now we needed to make mom and dad change their mind.

"Layla?" Ed said after a few minutes of silence. I looked over at him, and he looked nervous for something. I could see that his hands were sweaty and they were shaking as well.

"Anything wrong?" I asked.

"Since we're friends again, there's something I need to tell you... Something no one knows." He said. "I was supposed to tell you a long time ago, but I was scared, and then we started fighting..."

"Ed, just tell me already! I'm getting curios." I said.

"Okay, here it goes..." He took a deep breath before speaking again. "I'm... I'm a dad."

-----
bet you didn't see that comint hahah! sorry it's short, but hope you like it!!

- m i a h xx