Chapter I: Nice bad beginnings

The action happened 2 months after a successful campaign against the mayor Bellweather.

Thursday evening.

    Nick and Judy were chasing the thieves - weasels. Judy behind the wheel performed PIT maneuver  on the bandits car . The car turned to the roof. They went to an overturned car of thugs to arrest them, but realized, that thieves were still conscious and armed. They were shooting at police officers. Judy was slightly injured in the arm and then she made a counterattack.

Nick at this time was calling on support and realized that Judy was trying to apprehend them herself. Rabbit throwed in their direction stun grenade and shot an soporific arrow to one of the duped thugs.

She came carefully to their car to clap him. She did it, but the second put his barrel on her head. Shocked Judy knelt in place and bandit told her:

"You'll be great trophy above the fireplace for the boss..."

Then he got a blow on the hand, which was holding the gun. Thug turned and received a knockout of Nick.

Officers announced command and found in the car trunk carefully packed and almost undamaged laboratory equipment - vials, ampules, test tubes and others. One of awoken criminals in the police car - this one, who threatened Judy - didn't want to tell them about this, therefore they took him on command. Judy sat again down, behind the wheel.

Nick had a claim to her, that she has been risked so. When Judy lost pride of the performed activities, she began to mourn and pretended to cry. Nick apologized her, after that she giggled and with normal voice declared to shocked fox:

"As you can see, foxes are more emotional than rabbits."

Nick took offense. After a moment of silence, he asked Judy:

"Where did you learn PIT maneuver? Even the most experienced police officers have problems with that!"

She responded him, biting calmly a lollipop:

"I saw it once on TV..."

Frightened fox improved safety belt and tightened hand firmly on the safety handle, over door of police car.  

*****
This beautiful cover was made by AnimationComiX:
https://animationcomix.deviantart.com/