Part 1 A New Beginning:

"Don't be afraid to start over. It's a new chance to rebuild things. This time better. The way you want it ." -Unknown

Prologue:

The darkness and I don't really agree with each other. Especially when it has to do with driving on a road in the middle of no where. My hands shake as I drive my old, beat up, pick-up truck down this mucky and forest landscape in Martha's Vineyard. Outside I see nothing but glowering, eerie trees engulfing my sorry excuse of a car. Like a basket, the trees intertwine together to blind my vision of the night sky.

My muddy colored brown hair is tied up in a messy ponytail and my clothes, all tattered and dirty from this long journey. I grip the steering wheel so hard, I worry it would break, leaving me crashing. Stranded. With everything that's happened these past four hours, honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all. Just breath. Breath. I inhale two sharp breathes and try to calm down.

As I start to relax something starts buzzing in my side. I jump and jerk my back. My hands fly off from the steering wheel. My car swerves to the right. I grab my steering wheel with one hand and dig with my other hand, into my pocket for my cheap old phone. It rings furiously, almost like it's angry I hadn't answered my phone in the last ten calls. It's the kind of phone most people would find in the "a century ago" store and on the "a century ago" aisle. I put the other hand back on the steering wheel and my car swerves back on the road. I flip the phone up, it reads: "No Caller ID."

Hmm must be my grandmother, her phone's been acting up lately. But I hardly think she even cares for that matter. I click the "answer call" button directly below that, expecting to hear my freaked out grandmother to come home. But I can't go home. At least not right now. I put the phone to my ear. Only it's not my grandmother.

It's someone else.

"Ms. Sybil J. Collins," the caller speaks in a smooth, calm voice that only makes me shutter more.

"How-w do-o you know my name? How did you even reach this number?" I sputter.

"Calm down calm down it's going to be fine. As long as you do what I say. Listen sweetheart, you don't know who you are dealing with. I'm going to need you to take that little rusty dump truck of yours, and go scurry along home...oh what's that sweet town of yours called? Shreveport?" What he says makes me freeze and my blood turns cold. He must be closer than I thought. I look in my rear view mirror. Sure enough I see the small, round beams of light coming closer and closer to my car. I can't see the driver. Only his shadow. I look back to the road.

"I'm sorry, but why would I listen to a guy that's driving on my tail and is such an expert at knowing my personal life. By the way, I'm told not aloud to talk or listen to strangers so your out of luck buddy."

"Ohh you sassy little thing. But my dear you don't possibly get my point! I'm only trying to help you! You see, if you go to your uncle's mansion your are likely never to see day light again! Even if you are... One of them. Let me help you reach safety, I know where you belong." My mind freezes with realization.

Belong.

"Your one of them!" I holler. Great just great! Another problem to add on my list of "Catastrophes to solve."

"Stop the car!" The caller says with more urgency than last time. I give him two more words and hang up the phone. I step down on the pedal to accelerate. My truck speeds forward, causing me to slam back in my seat. For my two words were:

"You wish."