Ch. 14 we get a new Student:

Ch 14: We get a new Student:

Rejection is sometimes a very disappointing word. The way it's used in sentences makes the word all the more scary sometimes. For instance your application to do something can be rejected, therefore it's disappointing. However, rejection can have benefits, even if it's not sudden at first. For instance you could be rejected by someone you found admirable and then see them 10 years later looking like one of the zombies in the "Walking Dead." Anyways rejection in my way of thinking can be disappointing or beneficial.

For the past 20mins in that cell I heard nothing but rejections and a mix of curses. Xander just keeps asking me if I'm actually joking and keeps getting more frustrated when I keep being even more stubborn. Finally, he sits down on his twin mattress and looked on the ground.

"You've caught me. I have had an unpleasant time being a WitchHunter, but I don't miss those times too. They have beliefs of killing off your race that I believe are irrational. But, it's not like I love your group either. I am kind of in the middle, stuck between two sides."

"Wow that's the most deep thing you've ever said to me." I think out loud. He gives me a cold, hard expression and I shut up and sigh.

"Okay, Hollen will bring new clothes to you and talk to my uncle-I mean principle of Tutis, explaining your her adopted son that would like to join and such and your parents just recently died." He winces when he here's about his fake parents. I skip that part and tell him to meet me in front of Hollen's hospital door tomorrow before breakfast. I walk to the door and before I leave, I say one thing.

"Xander, I'm sorry your in this circumstance. I honestly wish this wasn't happening right now. I'm sorry you feel stuck. I have been feeling stuck for the past 3 years now. I feel even more stuck that now someone I cared about died. But, anyways I just wanted you to know that a WitchHunter doesn't define who you are, no more than a witch does. You define who you are." I look at him one more time before closing the door and I thought I saw a quick, impressive looking smile came across his face. It was too fast to see but I had the sudden feeling it was there.

I join the others once I walk back up the windy staircase. Everyone seems to be walking back up the huge staircase in the front when I am finally able to meet up with them. I bump into Simon walking up the stairs and he asks me where I've been and I just smile to myself and said "nowhere."

We all file in and sit down for our last period of the day in the same classroom. Mr Castaway goes on talking about our experience and how we felt playing capture the flag. I'm surprised by the comments. I here many people say ludacrious things like how they actually had fun. I have to hold my tongue every time someone gives a comment of how the game was enjoyable on account of how I almost got killed....twice. Mr Castaway began talking about science and he starts writing all these formulas on the board that looked like hieroglyphs.

"We ran a little over our discussions about this morning so for the last ten minutes go into your textbook number 3 and go to section 5 page noveta y cinco. If you don't know spanish, good luck! Take notes and do the following examples for homework." I grab the right number on the textbook from the stack of books on my desk and look it over. The title is all scribbles until I see the writing more clearly. It was in greek. I don't get it with this school and the deal with languages. When I'm about to give up on what it says the words start to shift. I jerk back with surprise and see words form three words on the front that are in english, " Science of Witches." There's a couple of letters that don't move that are right below the title and I guess it's the name of the author. I grab the text book and open it. There's a side that says all the people that have used this book. I look at the names of people that don't sound familiar all except Alexa's name. But, her name isn't the only name I found familiar. The name that made me jump out of my seat is Lucy C. Collins, my mom.