01: Bîtch, say what?

-- W A R N I N G  --

May contain explicit/sexual content and mild swearing. In such cases, simply insert your pacifier and begin reading. It's time to get real.

 It's time to get real

----

To all you dreamers out there who aren't afraid to struggle to achieve them.

SawyerSpecter

••••••

I gathered that he was having a great time from the sounds that he was making. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I continued to move on top of him, increasing my pace.

For some reason, I couldn't get into it. I kept having these thoughts that I wanted to run away from so I choose the only option where I thought that my brain wouldn't get to me.

Sèx.

But instead, my thoughts became more prominent than ever before. I wished that there was a power off button.

I had no idea what had triggered such thoughts but one day while doodling in class, it dawned on me that I was turning eighteen the next week. And I just realized that I hadn't really done anything with my life.

Except being a 'slut' like other people liked to phrase it behind my back.

That kid called Niall Thompson started a Maths degree at Cambridge when he was only fifteen.

I couldn't even get a 'B' in Math if my life depended on it.

And the other day, someone had told me about this twelve year old boy called Tanishq something, who had achieved three college degrees. He was aiming to become a doctor by the time he was eighteen.

I was eighteen now.

I paused, placing a hand on my forehead.

What am I doing with my life?

He opened his eyes and frowned. "Why'd you stop?" His words were slurred, the smell of alcohol on his breath was quite apparent.

I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to say that I can't do this anymore, I can't do anything anymore because whatever I do is meaningless and empty. I feel empty. I feel like I've been hollow inside all this time and that I've finally realized it. And that realization is eating me up alive.