13: A Touch of Green

To the cool and badass kids, taking over the world one selfie at a time.

3pointt14

••••••

It all clicked in place.

This was the girl who had called Ace at the mall that time and he had run off, the girl who had him wrapped around her little finger.

Abby.

The realization made my jaw clench and I glanced at her yet again. She seemed to be busy, doodling in her book. I tried to analyze her, looking for something that might've gotten Ace's attention and kept it there. She wasn't extraordinary from what I saw but the tan made her stand out a little. What did she have that I lacked?

I shook my head, forcing myself to look away from her. I shouldn't be comparing myself - at least not to her. I was definitely better in every way.

I tried to focus on the lesson but after a few vain minutes, I sent Tasha a one word text. Details.

I only had to wait a few minutes more for her reply.

She's into surfing and I heard from Addy that she is quite athletic. Why'd you ask?

So maybe that means that Ace is into the outdoorsy and strong type - two things that I'm not. I'm definitely outdoorsy if it involves a party with booze and boys to keep me entertained. As for the strong part, not so much.

I thought for a while before replying to Tasha's text message. I didn't want her to get suspicious and know that Ace was starting to get to me.

She was giving me the looks. Is she a lesbian or something?

Ha-ha. Not sure but will look into that.

I sighed, putting my phone away. This shouldn't be happening. I'm not the type to let anyone get to me and I'm certainly not soft. My eyes traveled to back to Abby again and I saw that she was texting someone. My hands clenched when I thought that it could be Ace.

----

"Hey, Wilson."

Speak of the devil.

I slowly turned around with my eyebrow raised and Ace gave me an amused look, one corner of his lips already pulled up.

"Trainer," I greeted him, trying my best to keep my voice light and unaffected.

"I'm never one to worry but I genuinely thought that your mother had killed you when you didn't show up to class yesterday."

The fact that he had noticed that I hadn't come made me smile a little.

"Ah, I'm a tough one to kill so you being concerned was in vain."

He smiled down at me and looked like he was about to say something when his phone rang and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. This totally hasn't happened before.

He glanced at the user ID and shrugged, giving me an apologetic grin. "I gotta take this," he said and walked away.

Of course he had to answer. It was probably Abby who was calling.