03: Smile for the camera!

To all the queens out there that slay social media and appreciate the awesomeness that is Deadpool.

evethespy

••••••

"GIRL!"

I knew who it was that had attacked me from behind without turning around. "Lottie, you're creasing my shirt," I told her, hiding my smile. "I can have you killed for that, you know."

When she let go of me, I turned around and couldn't help my smile. Her dazzling grin was a sight for sore eyes. She really did look a bit tanned but it was hard to tell because of her already dark skin. She had a hairband in her frizzy afro hair.

"Nah, girl," she was saying, "I got you presents so it's very unlikely that you'll have the hitmen after me. And even if you did, that would make you racist."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Always taking advantage of that, huh?"

She giggled and was about to say something, when Tasha's shrill cry made me wince. Again.

"Lottie, you made it!" She said, hugging Lottie. "I thought that you'd be late since you were in Dubai." Then without waiting for her response, she pulled away, and she turned towards me. "You're not gonna believe this," she started but I cut her across, holding my hand out.

"Stop. It's only 8:36 a.m after the weekend and I claim that it's too early in the morning for any gossip."

Her smile widened. "Fine, I'll just let the picture do the talking then."

I frowned and glanced towards Lottie who just shrugged.

"What picture?"

She smirked and tapped a few times on her phone before handing it to me.

"You haven't checked Instagram, have you?" She nodded towards the phone, a triumph smile on her face. "That's Jesse's profile."

I frowned and looked, not sure what she was getting at. It was the girl who had been sitting on Ace's lap and I browsed through some of her photos, still not sure what to look at. She was twerking in some of the pictures and in some, she seemed too drunk to even take a clear shot. Then, my eyes froze on one particular photo where I was present in the picture. I tapped on it and saw that it was taken at Calvin's party two days ago.

In the photo, I was dancing and sort of low-key grinding on a guy behind me. And Jesse had zoomed in on us and had taken the shot, whilst circling me in red. The caption beneath this photo read 'Slut'.

My fingers closed around Tasha's phone harder as I moved on to the comments. There were people who had posted laughing emojis, as they agreed with Jesse.

This. Was. Not. Good.

If these people thought that they could say things like this about me and get away with it, then they'll only keep saying it. They'll keep saying it to the point where they won't just say it behind my back. They'll say it to my face. If they start to say it to my face, I would lose this popular girl status. Tasha and Lottie and every damn girl in the squad would turn their faces away from me and join in with the mocking crowd. I'd be humiliated and teased and ridiculed in front of everyone.

I couldn't let that happen. I had to put a stop to this so that no one would even think about going that far.

With my jaw clenched, I gave Tasha her phone back and marched towards the school building. The two followed behind me and I heard Lottie giggle excitedly. "Some bìtch is about to get it."