Meet Harry Styles

(Caroline’s POV)

Who is this kid…? I don’t know what to do.

“Nice doggy…Good doggy…” he mutters under his voice, backing away. Stupid kid.

I keep my eye on the wolf, he’s growling at the boy. He’s going to kill that boy if I don’t do something. I climb down to a lower branch and make my way to toward the boy. He jumps a little when I tap him on the shoulder. He looks up at me bug-eyed. For a second I can’t do anything, I’m too mesmerized by his eyes. Through the fear I see the same eye’s Eric had…

I shake out of it and grab him up all in one swift movement. I pull him up into the tree with me. We climb higher to the middle of the tree. We’re both breathing hard through faint sobs of fear. I look down to see that the wolf is yet again circling the tree. My trust in Carter helps me calm down a little so I can talk to the boy.

“You’re not from around here are you?” I breathlessly ask.

He shakes his head no as his glare hardens on me, “…you….you saved me…”

“Well yeah, I couldn’t let you die.” I tilt my head as I watch him unconsciously hug the tree, “Don’t be scared, my friend Carter is getting help…I’m Caroline by the way…” I reach out and place a hand on one of his shaking hands.

He loosens his grip on the tree and gestures to himself, “I’m Harry…Styles…I-I-I’m from Cheshire…”

I let a slight laugh, “Well Harry…First of all Styles, what a last name you got there….Secondly, Cheshire? I thought you had an accent!” He seemed to calm dawn a little after that comment.

As our conversation went on, I studied him.

Name: Harry Styles

Home: Holmes Chapel, Cheshire

Age: eleven

His eyes are a beautifully piercing green. His hair, short, straight, and brown and his skin is fair. All and all my initial thought is he seems a bit over-rated.

“So how’s your first hour here been for you Harry?”

“Could’ve been better…Does this happen a lot here…?” I can hear worry engraved in his soft voice.

“What the wolf?...No…” I flash a smile to calm him, “It only happens on special occasions…”

“I see well-”

He’s cut off by a single deafening gunshot.

We look down to see the wolf fall to its side with blood dripping from a hole in its head. Next, we look to where the shot came from. All we see is Carter standing there looking up at us, with a gun in his hand and watery eyes.

I jump down from the tree and I'm greeted with Carter’s arms flailed around me. He looked up and loosened his grip on me. He looked back to me with a questioning look.

“Carter…Meet Harry Styles…”