Commence

Just saying, Commence means 'start' in French :)

Marinette had everything ready. She got dressed in the baggy jacket that belonged to her father and the jeans that belonged to her mom which were a bit wide at the hips so she had to wear a belt to keep them on. Making sure to keep her identity unrecognizable, Marinette did her hair in a small braid and covered it with a tam, she wore some rainbow lens glasses and fingerless gloves. Tiki woke up from her nap and screamed.

"Who are you?" She demanded.

"Shh, Tiki it's me! Marinette!" She took off the sunglasses and smiled at her kwami who gave a sigh of relief.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Tiki asked gesturing to her outfit.

"It's all part of the plan to help Nathanael break up with me since I can't do it myself, ring a bell?" Marinette smiled.

"Oh...that kind of makes sense." Tiki sighed.

"Hide Tiki! Let's go!" Marinette opened her jacket to let the red kwami fly in.

"I will not be a part of this." Tiki huffed, folding her arms.

"I'm not asking you to be, I just need you with me at all times, y'know, just in case of an akuma attack." Marinette shrugged and pulled the jacket open wider.

"No, you're not wearing a shirt Marinette, that'll be uncomfortable." Tiki winced. Marinette gasped when she looked down and realized all she was wearing underneath was a lacy white brasserie.  

After Marinette had slipped on a baggy, dark green shirt, Tiki gladly flew into her jacket pocket.  

                                                                                                         ~~~~

"Hey Adrian." Marinette whispered into the earpiece after pressing the button.

"Yeah?" Adrian responded immediately.

"Can you see me?" Marinette looked around her.

"No, what do you look like?" Adrian asked.

"I'm the one with the beige tam hat." Marinette whispered into the earpiece.

"Uh...the one with the black leather jacket or the one with the pink tank top?" Adrian asked.

"Jacket." Marinette paused and looked around for the other person with a tam hat.

"Nathanael just walked in." Adrian said. Marinette nodded and pulled out her phone.

Marinette: Hey Nath! Sorry I can't make it, my mom and dad wanted to bake cupcakes with me today! But enjoy the park and I'll try to join you in a few minutes! 

Nathanael pulled his phone out of his pocket, read it and sighed. Just then, Juleka walked in.

Marinette saw her before Adrian did. "Hey Adrian, Juleka's in!" Marinette warned pressing the earpiece.

"Okay." Adrian hopped out of the bushes and waved to Juleka.

Marinette quickly pulled out the coffee thermos from her pocket and opened it. She actually tripped right near Juleka and spilt the coffee on her shirt. Adrian gasped at the falling Marinette.

Nathanael saw Juleka out of the corner of his eye and jogged over to her.

"Oh, what happened?" He asked gesturing to Juleka's shirt.

"Oh, that guy tripped and spilt it on me." Juleka pointed to the Marinette that was sprawled on the floor and was on her hands and knees. 

Meanwhile Adrian had snuck over to help Marinette up and quickly passed her the glasses she dropped.

"No way! Jeff?" Adrian acted pointing to Marinette.

"Adrian?" Marinette disguised her voice to sound more like a man's.

"Hey! I haven't seen you in forever!" Adrian put his arm around Marinette's shoulder.

"Yeah! Not since that one fashion shoot they needed an extra for." Marinette/Jeff chuckled.

"Hey Juleka, I'm going to catch up with Jeff here, you ok with Nathanael for a bit?" Adrian started walking away.

Both Juleka and Nathanael nodded.

                                                                                                 ~~~~

"Jeff? Really?" Marinette arched her eyebrow as she slid off her jacket and took off her shades.

"Sorry, that was the first male name that popped in my head besides Gabriel, and I'm pretty sure you don't want me naming you after my cold and lifeless father." Adrian shrugged.

"True." Marinette nodded and took out the earpiece.

"Look! I think the plan is working!" Adrian pointed beyond the bush.

Marinette turned and saw Nathanael and Juleka sitting at the fountain and laughing while they ate ice cream. Juleka said something and Nathanael blushed. Then they continued laughing and blushing until Juleka touched Nathanael's hand and then they looked into eachother's eyes...then they leaned closer.

"Th-they're going to k-kiss? Already?" Marinette exclaimed.

But Nathanael touched Juleka's shoulder and made her open her eyes. He said something and she nodded in agreement sadly. Then they avoided eye contact for a few seconds. Juleka said something and stood up.

Marinette caught a glimpse of something fall from her cheek behind the piece of hair in front of her face.

Nathanael eventually left too and Marinette ran over to the fountain to look at the ground where Juleka had stood. A little water droplet had sunk into the concrete and it slowly faded away in the sun.

"Adrian, we failed," Marinette said when the blonde had walked up to stand beside her crouched figure. "Nathanael didn't fall in love with Juleka, Juleka fell in love with Nathanael."