chapter 10

Chapter Ten

 I stared into his eyes. I wasn't sure how to react to this considering I wasn't all to sure of my feelings. He pulled back and stood there awkwardly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"It's not that I don't like you, I'm just not sure of my feelings right now. I really do want to go out again. I just don't want to move too fast." He nodded at my statement, taking a step back. 

"I understand." He said quietly. I felt a pang a guilt run through me. I didn't want to lead him on and tell him I liked him, because that would just be a shitty thing to do. It's best I told him this now instead of later. 

"Goodnight Sabrina." He turned and began to walk away.

"Luke, wait!" I called out, running after him. He turned around and I leaned up, grabbing the back of his neck and kissed his lips softly. I could feel him smiling on my lips and we pulled away.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said with a wink and ran inside of the house closing the door behind me. I came face to face with Michael's father.

"Where were you?" He interrogated me. 

"I um was out with Luke." I stumbled over my words. I thought I was about to shit my pants until he started laughing. 

"Don't worry I'm just messing with you." He messed up my hair and walked to the living room where Michael and Ashton were sitting.

"Hey guys!" I chirped and flopped on the couch next to Ashton

"Someone seems happy. I'm guessing the date went well?" Michael asked. I nodded and felt my face heat up a little bit.

"Aw look at her blushing! I bet they kissed!" Ashton bounced on the couch.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm leaving." I stalked into my room.

I woke up at 10 in the morning the next day. 10 was actually quite early for me so I mentally patted myself on the back for waking up early.

I remembered Luke was coming over and wanted to look good for him, which was weird because I haven't felt like this since Nick.

I jumped in the shower and washed my hair and my body and shaved my legs. I put on a white strapless shirt and black shorts. I blow dried my hair perfectly straight and put on my regular make up, mascara, eyeliner, and eye shadow. I slipped on my black and white converse and left the room feeling confident. I saw Michael and Ashton at the kitchen table eating breakfast along with Luke and Calum who were having an intense game of FIFA in the living room.

"Hey guys." I said cheerfully. They all mumbled back a hey. I'm guessing they're not morning people. 

"Hey babe." I felt hot air on the back of my neck and an arm snaked around my waist. I giggled and leaned into his shoulder.

"Look at the lovebirds." Michael cooed. I rolled my eyes at him and pulled Luke's arm out from my waist.

"Are we doing anything today or are we just going to hangout here?" I asked looking up at him. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever you want to do." He added with a smile.

We ended up spending the day playing video games and watching a few movies. I got bored after a while and started to groan.

"Are you okay?" Ashton laughed. I groaned even more and fell onto the floor.

"I am really really bored." I mumbled into the carpet. I felt a heavy weight on my back and then someone pinching my sides. I started squirming and screeching at the instant touch since I was so ticklish.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" I yelled at whoever was on my back. The person was quickly lifted off me and I turned to see Luke blushing. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to make you mad." He smiled slightly. I smiled back letting him know it wasn't a big deal. I loved how he was being so sweet to me. I didn't even deserve it, since I had also treated him like shit in the past.

I really think I'm starting to like him.

*   *   *   *  *

The next month was spent with Luke practically glued to my side. Michael finally got the balls to ask Adri out and Calum was talking to this one girl Sydney. Things were going great, I made more friends at school and decided to open up more to people. Jessica finally left me alone after we got into a heated fight in the hallway. It ended with Luke dragging me away before I punched her in the throat. She was trash anyway, and wasn't worth my time. 

Luke and I went on a few more dates but usually we just laid around the house or laid in my bed. He usually watched his little shows or I read my book. I still haven't told him I liked him, I haven't found the right time.

Currently, Luke was sitting on my bed as I tied my hair up in a ponytail. I was going to his house to go swimming. 

"Sabrina." Luke said from the bed. I hummed in response, urging him to go on.

"Have you thought about you know, us?" He whispered the end. I paused for a second and then looked him in the eyes and nodded.

"I just don't get it." I said. He gave me a confused look so I went on. "I mean, you could literally get any girl and for some reason you want me?" I spit out the 'me' part. He patted the spot next to him on the bed and I sat down.

"You're seriously asking me this?" He chuckled. I nodded and twiddled my thumbs. He sighed loudly and turned my face to look him in the eye.

"I really like you Sabrina, if it isn't obvious. I love the way you look when your hair is in a ponytail and you're dressed down, as cliche as it sounds. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love it when you dress up, especially in dresses. I love the way you blush at every compliment you receive, I love the way your expressions change when you read a book, or how your eyes light up when you talk about something or someone you love, how you may seem like the biggest bitch but you have the kindest heart, how when you laugh really hard you squeeze your eyes shut and toss your head back, how you look amazing so effortlessly, but the one this that drives me absolutely crazy," He took a pause. "Is how you don't realize how truly amazing and beautiful you actually are." He looked away and then ran his fingers through his hair.

I felt tears spilling rapidly out of my eyes and tried to quickly wipe them away before he could see it. He noticed and pulled me in for a hug.

"You deserve the greatest things in life and I know I may not be enough for you but you are definitely enough for me." He whispered into my ear. I sobbed into his shoulder. I'm not one who gets soppy over these romantic moments but it's different with Luke. 

"You're the biggest asshole and douchebag sometimes and you drive me insane most of the time," I said against his shoulder and then pulled back to look into his eyes. "But I can't resist those dimples." We both laughed.

"I really like you too." I smiled, and he took the opportunity to kiss me softly.

"Be mine?" He giggled. I leaned in and kissed him while mumbling a yes.

Things were finally going right.

____________________________________

this was blah and blah blah blah mushy idk boring ok yeah sorry.  THANK YOU FOR 400 READS thats crazy dude. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME THANK YOU

and im writing an ashton fic omg i have so many good ideas im so excited i love you guys so much pce to da middle east -sab