Dongho Goodbye

The sun was shining through the curtains, making your skin glow.

Dongho was looking at you, his eyes shining. Oddly, it felt like the whole room was succumbed into a divine aura.

'Am I pretty?', you asked as you grabbed the ends of your white dress and spun around once.

Dongho didn’t reply, he was just looking at you, almost bewitched.

'I asked if I'm pretty, pabo.', you scolded and pressed your index finger against his forehead, pushing him backwards a little.

You felt his hands around your waist, and in a matter of moments you were sitting on his lap.

'You are not pretty, you are breathtaking.', he said and gently stroked your back once.

'Am I really?', you asked, wanting to get spoiled by his compliments.

'Yes.’, he replied and nodded, slowly leaning his face closer to yours.

Your lips touched, the sensation so sweet you felt butterflies swirling inside your stomach.

You unlocked your lips from his, slowly opening your eyes and looking at him. You placed your hand onto his chest, feeling his heart beating under your touch.

'I love you.', you softly said and felt happiness flowing through your veins.

Just as Dongho was about to mutter his response, he stopped, his eyes widening. He tried to speak, but the words wouldn’t come out, his lips trembling.

'D-Dongho..', you stuttered, looking at him in shock.

You looked down, fear overwhelming you.

Your palm was soaked in red, Dongho’s shirt slowly turning the same color. It was blood.

'DONGHO!', you screamed and his face collapsed onto your chest.

You cupped his face, his eyes half-closed, screaming.

'Dongho!! Dongho! Wake up, Dongho!', you yelled, terrified. 'Dongho! Donghooo!'

-

You felt two hands shaking you, your eyes finally opening.

'Dongho!', you screamed a last time after waking up, sweat dripping down your forehead.

'I am right here! You had a nightmare!', you heard a voice, your vision finally clearing.

He was in front of you, his hair messy with a scared look on his face. 'I'm right here ____!', he repeated.

Instantly, you started crying like a small child, wrapping your arms around him and burying your face in his chest.

You were weeping and sobbing while he was caressing the back of your head.

'I was so s-s-scared, there was blood coming out of your chest a-a-and you wouldn't an-answer to my calls, I-I was so frightened Dongho!', you yelled into his chest.

'It's okay, I'm right here, it was just a nightmare. I am fine, so please calm down.', he was saying with a calm, soothing voice.

'I was so scared.', you repeated, the tears not stopping. 'Thank god it was just a dream.'

'I'm here with you right now, so don't cry. I will never leave your side. Not even death can take me away from you, so please don't cry.', he replied, tightly hugging you.

It was such a relief to feel him next to you, to feel his embrace.

'Promise me you will never leave!', you said, lifting your head a little bit.

'Look how red your eyes are pabo.', he said, wiping the remaining tears from your cheeks with his thumbs.

'P-Promise me.', you mumbled.

'I promise you I will never leave. I promise I won't let anything separate us. And even if I might lose my way someday, don't worry, I will always find a way back to you.', he reassured you and kissed your forehead, making all the bad feelings disappear.

'I love you.', you softly said and looked at him.

'I love you too. So much.', he replied, and this time, you got the answer that you wanted.