DONGHO - CHAPTER 5

Dongho-oppa~” a voice behind you makes you shudder. The voice belonging to the awful girl you’ve met before is not one to forget soon. Seeing Dongho’s face darken at the sight of Mi Cha you chuckle, he looks too funny right now. You get a death glare from queen diva and scrunch you face, letting her know you feel exactly the same about her. 

“Good luck with your performance, I know you can do it” she says with a high-pitched voice while playing with her hair. Ugh, it’s too awful. You clear your throat and cough in annoyance, making clear you really don’t like the girl around right now. Another death glare is given and she turns to Dongho. 

“Shall we go get something to drink after the show?” she asks, blinking her eyes way too many times for her own good. Catching the lost expression on the boy’s face an idea pops to mind. 

“He can’t” you say bluntly. “Because he’s already joining us later this evening”and you flash a smirk at her flustered face. Cho Hee’s eyes grow wide at your words and gasps. Bringing her hand up to cover her mouth she looks at you in astonishment – she really has to stop being so over-dramatic you think. 

Dongho looks surprised at your bluntness but smiles as he figures what you’re up to. 

Mi Cha growls and with a smooth turn she walks away without even saying a word. Cho Hee looks up to you.

“Ya! You’re so crazy” and slaps your arm while Dongho shows you a thankful smile. Opening his mouth to thank you you talk before he gets the chance to.

“Don’t. You just owe me a drink tonight” and for the first time since you’ve met a blush shows on your cheeks, giving them a slight pink tone. Normally you’re not this confident but somehow Dongho’s playful way of treating you brings out a slightly more daring side of you. 

He laughs and looks at his watch. “Deal! But I really have to hurry now. Enjoy the show!”

“Good luck!” Cho Hee cooes.

“Have fun!” you yell.

“See you later pretty ladies~” he sings while he disappears from the auditorium leaving the both of you behind, giggling like little girls. 

“You’re really something, aren’t you?” your friend says while laughing.“Talking back to Mi Cha like that ànd getting a date with Dongho.”

“It’s not a date!” you immediately defend. “You’re going too you know. And I was just trying to help him out, he looked so desperate.”

“Yeah right. Whatever you want” she says while rolling her eyes. Slapping her arm she chuckles once more.

“I don’t get it though.. he doesn’t seem like the type to be walked all over. Why was he so stunned?” you mumble.

“Look at her you pabo! She hypnotizes you with her evilness before you know it”she exclaims. You roll your eyes at her reaction. Really, she needs to cut the drama.

“Hey Cho Hee?” you ask, your eyes lingering on stage.

“Hmm?”she answers absently, her eyes scanning the auditorium checking out the people that are already found their seats. 

“Ever thought about taking acting lesson?” you chuckle.

“No~ why do you ask?” she gasps as reaction to what you just had said. You heave a deep sigh.

“Naah, just wondering.”

“Oh!” she lets out a shriek and starts waving – yes, you guessed it right – dramatically at someone in the back. “Chae~ over here” her voice echoing through the auditorium. Aish, sometimes this girls really makes you want to disappear into your own little world again. Nevertheless you really like her – besides, there should be more people like her instead of people like Mi Cha. You shiver at the thought of her and shake your body to get it off of you. 

Watching the light brown haired boy walking down the stairs you catch a blushing Cho Hee in the corner of your eye. You nudge her and chuckle. 

“Crush much?” you say while wiggling your eyebrows. 

“Ani!” she yells a little too quickly. 

“Hey Cho Hee!” he says cutely, looking to his feet trying to hide his blush. Guess what? It didn’t work. 

“Hi Chaejin. This ___-ah, my new roommate and friend!” she introduces you excitingly, smiling as she says the word friend.

“Hello, welcome! I guess..” He rubs the back of neck. You can tell he’s really shy and you can definitely tell Cho Hee likes him. You giggle. When the both of them look at you in surprise you can’t help but blush as well. “I- uhm, I was.. thinking about a joke a friend the other they told me.” Trying to defend yourself is useless, but what comes next didn’t even cross your mind.

“Ya Chaejin! She’s been here for a few hours now and she already has a date!”she blurts out causing you to shriek. 

“Cho Hee~” you whine. “It’s not a date, you come too! How many times do I-”you pause and when you think of something to get back at her a smirk appears on your face. Two can play this game you know. “Chaejin? You want to join us too for a drink after the performance? Cho Hee would be really happy if you come too~” you say in a teasing way, winking at Cho Hee when you’re asking the guy she obviously likes to join you. 

A big smile on the said boy appears and he quickly nods. “R-really?” and looks with hopeful eyes at Cho Hee. The only thing the girl can do right now and look down, hiding her reddened face. You laugh and nod. “I’d love to!”

Suddenly Cho Hee looks up again, a smirk tugging at her lips now. “You know ___-ah, Chaejin is Dongho’s best friend.”

With that Chaejin’s mouth falls open and just stares at you, bewildered of the fact that your date (that’s sort of not your date) is his best friend.