19. Getting ready .

*

Lala grabbed Africa excitedly into her hut ... Giving a rushed greating to her two handsome room gaurds , Lusekelo and Tatendwa  as she passed by them.

"Princess ... Slow down you might break your leg !..." Lusekelo shouted  pulling her back  and bringing them face to face.

"Shut up kelo .... Remember I beat you at arm wrestling twice yesterday!" , she said teasingly with a playful smile.

Africa smiled at her nickname for him . she couldn't quite put her finger on it  but there was something about the way she looked at him and him at her. It almost seemed like they where in love .

"Ubufi! I let you win..."

"But you've never won..and let go of me !"

A wave of embarrassment passed across his face  as he let her go , not daring to look her in the face . He faked a straight face successfully but the hurt could not be disguised in his voice.

" Go in Lala.."

Lala's mouth stood agap He had never referred to her by her name before . He always called her Princess or  Ngeli .

"Go in " ,he said firmly .

Like a child she obeyed him entered the hut somewhat sheepishly ,closing the door.

Her hut was huge and filled with many treasures from the white man's land . Many rappers And clothes Africa had never seen in her life. But only one thing  intrigued Africa the most.

A beautifully decorated wooden  box sat on top of her lion skin table, right infront of the looking glass that stood slunting against the earthen wall.

"What is this thing ..... " , Africa said holding it her arms eyeing it like a child seeing a toy for the first time.

"Open it and find out .." , Lala said laughing .

Nodding her head , Africa opened the box and out popped a Black Ballerina that started dancing. The Dance was so slow but elegant. Africa felt herself fall into a trance , the contraption greatly shocked her. There where no drums or flutes  , so where was the music coming from? How could it dance without anyone controlling it ?. .. It must have been some powerful magic she concluded.

"What type of magic is this ?..."

Lala Laughed.

"It's not magic ... It's called a Ballerina box... My Father had one made for me when I was a little girl by the white men ..."

"Ballerina Box ????"

"Yes ... Just that ...come on I show you our clothes for this evening..." , LaLa said walking towards Her pile of neatly folded wrappers and clothes.

She pulled out two sets of ball gowns  ,one pink and the other purple and laid them on the large mud bed.

" The fabric is rich ..." , Africa said running her hands over the fabric , she said her eyes widening .

" yes ... It is.... now let me dress you up ..."

==========================
So is Lusekelo really in love with  Lala ?😆

Should there be a "lalakelo"?😅
Don't laugh guys

Name combi loading ......❀❀❀❀
Help me come up with something real .
Africa has never seen a Ballerina box before 😩😔

Not everyone has especially in their time .. Im sure Lala was the only one in all of lubemba land who had one.

Who else misses Chiti and Mbao ??👀😔

Till next time

I love you 😘👏❤💙

~Taizyaah...