6

I'm getting terrible at updating XD

Mark's pov
Me, Jack and Cassie were walking around a large, deep(oh my) lake after school. Jack seemed a bit quiet. He kept looking at his feet with his hand's in his pockets. I was about to question him but a loud noise caught my attention before I could.

"LOOK OUT!" Cassie leapt in front of me, both hands up, as a blinding black light sped towards me. It collided with her hands and created a massive flash, mixed with colours and shadows. When it faded they were gone.

I quickly turned to Jack but was pushed into the dark murky water behind me. Once in, I felt something grab me and drag me deeper. I was thankful I could breath under water now.

Using my enhanced eyesight I saw that I was being dragged down by some sort of mermaid. Her long black hair covered her face but I could see her glowing magenta (I don't know) eyes through the darkness. Her long fishlike tail was covered in small flashing patterns as she dragged me deeper.

I could see green flashes at the surface and knew Jack was in danger. I grabbed the mermaids hand and sent a wave of electricity through the water. I heard her scream before she let go, swimming off into the darker parts of the lake.

I quickly swam to the surface and rubbed the water out my eyes. I saw Jack backed into a corner, leaning on his knees out of breath. Three men were already on the ground. Presumably dead. Five more surrounded Jack, slowly closing in the gap between them and him.

One grabbed his arm and another flash of blinding green light lit up the late afternoon sky. I quickly climbed out of the lake and ran over to him.

Jack was now on his knees and desperately trying to get away from the remaining four people. Two girls and two guys. I forced two of them away but got grabbed from behind again.

"Just leave us the fuck alone," I said punching the guy that had grabbed me. He immediately fell unconscious and I ran to Jack's side. Two more people had touched him and he was on his hands and knees. His body was shaking and his eyes were full of tears.

"Get... Out... Of... Here.... Mark...," he breathed out. I frowned and electrocuted another guy that was trying to touch Jack.

"I'm not going anywhere Jack. I cant just leave you like this alone," I retorted. He was going to argue back but groaned instead as he tried to stand.

"Fine...," he growled through gritted teeth and he sat back against the wall. Just like in class, I was able to dodge every attack and make every hit. Soon there was no one left. I turned back to Jack. He had his head resting on the wall and his eyes closed.

"You alright bud?" I asked. He nodded, opening his eyes and looking around.

"Where's Cassie?" Just as he asked there was a flash of bright colours and Cassie appeared infront of us. She stumbled to the ground, clutching her waist. She looked up at us, a stream of blood flowing down her face and more covering her hands.

"Hey guys," she said smiling slightly. "Its not as bad as it looks, I swear." She tried to walk over to is but fell. Within a second Zero was there holding her up.

"Not as bad as it looks hey?" He said sarcastically. She sighed.

"Fine, I may have gotten stabbed with a sword," she said looking down. Zero just acted like it had happened before and shrugged.

"Thought so," he said picking her up, bridal style, and speeding off in a flash of black light. I sighed and returned my attention back to Jack. He looked barely conscious. I frowned when I realized I couldn't do anything to help.