Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It was my first day working at the ‘Coffee House’. Needless to say I was excited to go since it was my first ever real job. I did work before but not like this, not like a waiter. I was afraid that I’ll spill the drink on the customer and have the manager yell at me or take the wrong order. For the last two years, I worked with our alimentary school and together we came up with a project for children between the ages of three and thirteen and organised activities during the weekdays during the summer holidays. But never this type of work. It has always be a relaxed-go-with-the-flow work. So yeah, you can say I was excited but at the same time nervous.

I woke up at thirty minutes past six in the morning, so I can have a nice refreshing bath and get ready calmly and not rush like usual. After I was all clean and fresh and went back to the room to get dressed. I opened the curtain window since it was still closed. And there it was, the most amazing living creature that could ever existed. His back was beautifully sculptured with care and passion. The way his back muscles collide together as he lifted his beautiful body up trying to do some sort of pulling exercise that guys do. I didn’t see his face since his marvellous back was facing me. I shall call him Hot-Back-Window-Guy. At least he wasn’t and old pervert. After five minutes staring at him, I put on my uniform and headed downstairs for breakfast – toast and tea with two sugars.

 The ‘Coffee House’ wasn’t far from our house (I just love saying our house) just six houses down and round the corner. So if I leave at 8a.m, by 8.30a.m I’ll sure be there, if I manage no to get lost. Also, I’ll make a good impression on the boss. And that’s exactly what I did.

C (in the form of a half eaten donut), o  f f e e (written in normal font) and a big goofy house beneath the ‘o ffee’. I arrived at my new job at precisely 8.11 a.m. so I went in being all confident and punctual and all.

I walked up to the counter  passing by six business men drinking their coffee ,"Um...Hi I'm Lena Rae. I' m the new staff." I said to a forty something  medium height tanned women.

She gave the change and a blueberry muffin to the customer and turned to me with a full white smile, "Hi! I'm Georgina," she said. Georgina Lake. She's the boss if i remember her name correctly from the newspaper adds. "Nice to meet you" she said. I didn't know what to say. Shyness took over my body. "Oh don't be shy! We're all a one big family, isn't that right Jonnie?" she said as to comfort me. Jonnie was one of the customers there. He looked like he was eighty with grey hair, ocean blue eyes and wrinkles all over his face, "he doesn't talk that much, his wife died a year ago. Haven’t spoken since then" Georgina said as she glanced sadly at him while wiping the head of the counter.

                "That's sad.." I said (take that Mr Shyness)  as I glanced at him. I so badly wanted to go up to him and give him a hug.

"Well, sad moment away. So...um, it’s an easy job just order the customer choice...tap tip top on the cash register, you have prices here for everything, and done" she said and smiled at me. She sure is sweet and kind. This is not going to be as hard as I thought it would be, ‘’make sure to give the order to Steve there if they have any hot dishes, ok’’ I smiled back at her in understanding.  " Oh good morning Mr. Hyde! How you're doing?" Georgina asked as a very old man, handsome for his age, walked in, barely can stand on his feet and sat on the stool next to the counter.

                "Good morning love." he said, "I'm good for now. Who is this flower Georgina?" he asked as he looked at me with wide green eyes.

                "This is Lena, my new waiter" Georgina said and turned to face me again, "I have to go but Nathan is about to come any minute now." she said as she grabbed her black leather bag from behind the counter, ‘’if you need anything just call or ask Steve’’