Chapter 8

I was standing there in the middle of the stairs, looking like a complete fool in a white bath robe while Nathan ‘asked’ me out. Well, typically it was all my fault, because I was the one who introduced this ‘date’ tonight. I only did it to make Desiree jealous and making not seeming like a complete loser. It turned out to be good, I think. ‘’Ready’’ I said as I made my way down stairs. I was wearing this peachy long-sleeved skater dress with a black see-through tights and a black clutch bag and my favourite black pumps. I didn’t have time to do my hair because I didn’t want Nathan to wait. My five minutes were up for me so I just let my half wavy have straight hair fall on my shoulders. It was like a game to me. I only had five minutes to finish and complete the task and I did, I won, sort of. I took two paces towards Nathan .

                He stood there, with his hands still in his pockets. He looked weird, his eyes were wide open. Shit! Did I have something stuck to my teeth? Damn it! Do I have like a lump of foundation on my check? He smiled and lit the dark night with only his smile and said, ‘’Wow! You look..’’ he said and paused.

                ‘’Is it too much? I’ll just go on and put on a jeans.’’ I said. I knew this was going to be too much to wear. He was only wearing these fitted dark jeans, a white shirt and his black dirty vans. He looked so handsome.

                He grabbed me suddenly and stopped me as I was about to head upstairs again, ‘’No! No, you look, wow.’’ He let go of my hand as we both felt it was a bit tensed and electrifying, ‘’you look beautiful’’ he said as he reached to kiss me on my right check and smiled again, ‘’as always.’’ Awh , how sweet of him. I didn’t know what to say so I just smiled. Lately, smiling has been our okay, just like Hazel and Augustus. ‘’We should leave’’ he said.

                I grabbed my jacket from the coat hanger next to the door and put it on, ‘’Hey Cher, we’re leaving.’’ I shouted to Cher as Nathan opened the door for me.

                ‘’Okay! Be safe you too’’ Cher shouted back from the kitchen. Thanks Cher way to make me more tensed.

                We walked.

***

                He unfolded the blindfold and I was amazed, breathless with what he has done, ‘’I know it’s not a typical picnic but…yeah.’’ he said as he ran his hand through his hair while I stood there amazed.

                ‘’Woah! This is..this is,’’ I was speechless. How could he have had the time to do all of this?

                He sighed, ‘’It’s stupid I know’’ he paused as I took a few steps forward, ‘’I just thought you’d..’’

                ‘’No!’’ I stopped him and turned to face him, ‘’it’s amazing!’’. To paint you the picture, we were standing in the middle of his grandparent’s back garden, which means if I didn’t focus my sight on Nathan’s back every morning, I would have seen how beautiful their garden is. So imagine this, small dark green bushes that went round the perimeter of it all and in them, what seemed to be white Christmas lights that flickered and lighted the whole garden. Then, a simple table, in the middle of the lighted garden, covered with a white table cloth. And along the path that led us to the table, were small lit candles along the way so as to help me not to fall, to fall for him. Also, on the left, there was a handmade wooden swing. We made our way to the table, and the reddest rose was waiting for, casually resting on the plate. I was completely overwhelmed! No one has ever put this much effort for a date, let along a first-date that was imposed on him. I’m, speechless, ‘’Nathan, this is beautiful!’’