Chapter 9 - Part 2

We were waiting outside for Desiree and Jonah to actually show up. They were already half an hour later and the movie was about to start. I got so mad that they were late. But I was hoping they never show up. ‘’We should just go in, the movie is going to start and I hate when I don’t start it from the beginning’’ I said to Nathan. He just looked at me, ‘’They are not coming.’’

                He looked at me again and sighed, ‘’Just give them five more minutes, they’ll show up’’ he assured me as he checked what time it was.

                I rolled my eyes, ‘’We gave them thirty minutes!’’ I sighed. I was so annoyed with the fact that she can inviter herself on our date and then just be late. Who the hell does she think she is the queen? ‘’And why are you so interested in them to show up anyway?’’ I asked him. He sure seemed to be excited to hang out with them.

                ‘’I like you so, with that being said I want to get to know your friends.’’ He answered me. Awh he is so caring wanting to get to know my friends. He grabbed both of my hands, and as each and every finger perfectly find its place between his, he pressed his soft and warm lips lightly against mine causing my heart to skip a beat.

                ‘’For the second time they are not my friends,’’ I said, ‘’they were but not anymore’’.

                He looked at me confused, ‘’Why not?’’

                ‘’It’s complicated. You’ll probably find out by tonight.’’ I said to him as he hugged me for no apparent reason. I just love those little small gestures. I mean, a hug was not necessary but him hugging me, made me feel special in a way.

                I heard a heel stomping towards us, I wonder who it could be? Oh maybe it’s a bitch. ‘’Hey love!’’ Desiree shouted as she reached for a hug and kissed both of my cheeks. That small hug gesture does not imply to everyone.

                ‘’Hey Desiree, so nice of you to show up.’’ I sarcastically said.

                ‘’Hi’’ Jonah said as he reached in for a hug. He thought that it would be ok to hug me because in the eye of Nathan and Desiree it would be just a friendly hug. But no it wasn’t ok. It was cold and weird. It was different. It felt betrayal rather than friendly.

                ‘’Well we should go in you guys. The movie is about to start and we’re going to be late.’’ she said as she literally grabbed Jonah from his elbow and dragged him in the cinema. I think she was a bit jealous.

                ‘’No shit Sherlock!’’ I said as both of them we already half way in the cinema.

                Nathan laughed, ‘’Come on lets go. Deep breathes it’s going to be fine.’’ he said as he wrapped his arm around my neck and kissed my forehead. I deeply sighed. We both walked in with me hoping that the past will stay the past and not be part of the present.

***

                The movie started, and as it did, I started counting the seconds to the end. I just really wanted to get this over with, to end the night with not fight and arguments. Mostly, I feared that Nathan we’ll get to know everything and I don’t want that. There are some things I wish they stay hidden and buried. But no, some skank ass bitch had to come along and ruin it all for me. For once I was happy in my life, but apparently the universe did like that idea of me. I mean, why? Ok, it’s not the worse that could happen.  I could be sick and that would have been very worse than this. Speaking of being sick, I wonder how Jonah’s brother is doing. I hope he’s fine, both of them. Why do you do this to yourself Lena? He’s sitting in the middle, between you and Desiree, yet he turns to face her and not you. And you still care about him. Why? I’m just so sick and tired of people betraying me all the time. I’m just done. And who know what Nathan will do. He might be just getting his fun with me, you know just to fool around and that’s all. Who knows? Who’s to say Nathan won’t run out on me when things get complicated? Nobody. I’m not going to take that risk again. I’m just done with people.