Chapter 8

Not only do I want 20 votes here, I want 20 votes on chapter 1 of cleve lake before I add to this story again. No acceptions. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re taking me where!?” I yelled at Anthony, throwing my arms back and widening my eyes.

“Back to my uncle’s place,” He shrugged. A smile grew on my face. Going to his uncle’s place meant leaving campgrounds - MEANT LEAVING HELL!

“But wait,” I said skeptically, “Won’t they like... lynch me if I try to leave with you?” I crossed my arms over my chest. He rolled his eyes, “Talked it over with Rosie, she gave us the okay,” He smiled. This made me smile even wider than before. Turning on my heels from where we were standing, I took off running toward my cabin, waving goodbye to Anthony as I ran.

“WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” He called after me.

I turned my head, a bit of a laugh escaping my lips, “I’VE GOT BAGS TO PACK!” I called back to him happily. I turned my head again, running top speed toward our cabin.

During my run, I sort of came to the realization that I was meeting Anthony’s family - and, in some respects, his parents. These were his legal guardians, the ones who would have to sign their legal consent for Anthony and I to get married if we chose to get married before we turned eighteen. Wait, what? Am I seriously thinking about marrying Anthony? Damn, I barely know the kid.

I exploded into the cabin, waking up Rose from a nap. She looked at me confused, though, because she is Rose, her confusion was quickly replaced with a smile.

“My, my Annie. You look rather chipper,” She laughed. I stuck my tongue out at her, and explained to her what Anthony had told me. She simply nodded, and went back to her sleeping. I rolled my eyes, turning back to my packing.

Anthony had, had the great plan of telling me the day we left, so I couldn’t think of ways to back out of it. I guess he knows me better than I give him credit for. I shrugged my shoulders, pulling my suitcase from under my bed, and beginning to fold clothes and place them in the bag.

About twenty minutes later, I was faced with the entirely difficult challenge of deciding whether to pack a formal article of clothing, or to go completely casual.

Were Anthony’s Aunt and Uncle rich? Did they host parties often? Would they judge the way I dressed? I sighed, opting to pack a simple black dress for just in case measures. After packing the dress, I added a few bras and panties, and then the obvious essentials. Content with my packing, I zipped up the bag and made my way out, saying a quick goodbye to Rose before I was fully out the door. She groaned at me, which made me laugh.

Stepping outside, I noticed a sort of disgruntled Anthony walking up toward the cabin. I furrowed my eyebrows, and looked at my watch. It read 2:30 - Anthony had told me this news at around 11. Had it really taken me this long to pack? It didn’t feel that long.

I smiled an embarrassed smile at him, which made him laugh. He leaned down, planting a gentle kiss on my lips before picking up my bag. I tried to take tell him I could carry them myself, but he would even listen to me. He just nodded his head dumbly and run-walked towards the main office.

We signed ourselves out, myself making a solid effort not to make eye contact with a single soul in the office - well, the single soul. The poor office lady must get bored being in their alone all day. Stepping back into the real world, I took in a deep breath. It smelled the same as camp, but yet - so much better. I felt free again, like I could pick up and run away if I really wanted to. I wanted this to last, but I knew it never could. There was only a month till my 18th birthday, then, if I wanted, I could legally sign myself out of this hell hole.

“Ready, babe?” Anthony asked, his face as bright as mine probably was. We were free together, it was a beautiful thing.

“As I’ll ever be,” I admitted, the nervous twist in my stomach making me uncomfortable. I was praying his uncle wouldn’t hate me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I hope you're all well. This story is picking up again, but sadly this is another sort of boring chapter. I devote my time to Cleve Lake, which if you read the top, you will know I am cracking down on my requirements for you to get more chapters. I promise you'll like the story if you give it a chance, you're all just way too stubborn for your own good.