Chapter 7

<-------- Remember to vote, you silly ninnys! 15 till next chapter. TELL ME IF YA LIKE IT.

Okay quick Author’s note before the chapter starts,

This is not how I intended on you guys to find out about Annie, but I tried to write it several different ways, and I saw this as the best option considering this was the best way to write it, in my head. Tell me if you enjoyed the story in the comments, your opinions on what happened, your opinions on the people, etc.

“Annie,

I’m so glad you’re having a good time at camp. I was so worried! We’re all so proud of you, and hope to have you home soon. With this letter I’ve sent some of your clothes, and sadly, some bad news. Since the court could not link your attempt at suicide to your mother, or find any reason’s your family is unfit, they are not allowing my custody of you. I promise to continue fighting, darling, but for now - you still belong to them.

- Caroline.”

My heart sunk. When I was out of here, I’d have to go back there? I didn’t want to go back with that woman. That woman created the monster I was, that woman fueled the fire. I ripped up the letter, throwing the bits and pieces all over the room. I let out a frustrated growl, running a shaky hand through my hair - I wasn’t as much mad, as disappointed. I didn’t want to get made better, just to go back to who I was before.

I stood from my bed, making my way for the door - I wasn’t going to dwell on this anymore. I was going to drink every last bit of trouble away. I walked toward the barn, the small ounce of fat left on my body that lived in my boobs jiggling restlessly as I sped my pace - I wasn’t running, as much as... well, I don’t rightly know. All I really know is by the time I was in the barn, I was crying.

In the few minutes I was in the barn, I downed, at the least, eight cans of beer. One after another, not stopping for breath as I chugged. I was going to drink enough to gain confidence, then, tonight while everyone was sleeping, sneak off camp grounds through the escape hole Rose had showed me.

I was twelve cans in now, my vision blurring as my eyelids drooped, causing me a bit of discomfort. I popped open my thirteenth can, when I heard the door to the barn jiggle, and then creek open. I hid behind a box as I watched the figure enter the barn. I held my breath - I was not here. I was never here. I noticed then, that the figure was simply the vet, checking on the new baby horse. I waited a few more minutes for the vet to leave before I could breath normally, though I had stopped holding my breath minutes ago.

I chugged four more cans before realizing I’d finished off an entire case of beer. I sighed. I wanted variety - though, in the situation I was in, I was lucky I had what I did. I stepped down from the loft where the campers hid their alcohol, I figured Rose would know where I could get a different type of alcohol.

The door jiggled again, and instead of running and hiding, like a normal person, I froze. I watched as the door opened and revealed the last person I wanted to see - Anthony. I sighed, as our eyes met and he gave me a warm smile. I tried to smile back, but with all the agony that was plain on my face I’m sure it looked jumbled. He smiled dropped as his eyes lowered, my own following his.

I noticed two things then - one. I had fresh cuts. How I got them? I don’t recall. Two, I was holding a beer can that was emptying itself, and of all the things to be upset over, I saw that as the worst thing in the world. I crumbled to the floor, screaming as the remaining alcohol drained onto the floor. I looked up at Anthony then, my eyes begging for him to stop it. He sighed, picking me up from the ground so I was on my feet once again.

I stumbled in place, placing my hand on the wall to hold myself up. We locked eyes - his crystal blue eyes looking deep into mine with worry and disappointment. I broke them - the wall I’d spent me entire life building, the wall I had used to keep everyone out - it shattered.