18

|| Everly's POV ||

I'm done.

I'm done with drama. I'm tired of waiting. I'm through with feeling like I'm worthless.

It's true, everyone can obviously see it.

The only real friend I've ever had realized it, then up and left me. I guess that's what everyone's deciding to do now.

Even myself.

I'm worthless. I'm not good enough for him. For anyone. Ryland deserves more than me. He deserves to chase after people who deserve his time. Ryland's kiss belongs on more eligible lips. Not mine.

I once thought of Ryland as a man whore. Not possible to be a tutor. Not possible to be a friend. And the funny thing is that he proved me wrong with everything.

I once told him it was impossible for him to be my tutor. Then, he had told me he would have to acknowledge me with his stupidity. And so he has. He's willingly introduced me to his humor and his inner kid, but he has also acknowledged me with his smarts.

The only utterly stupid thing he's ever done was kiss me.

And I let it get to that point.

This is my fault. All my fault.

"Everly, wait!" I hear Ryland's voice in the air but I ignore it. I just keep walking.

"Ryland, please leave me alo-"

"No! Tell me what the hell is bothering you! You can't just walk out on me out of the blue like that!" He yells as his voice comes closer to me.

"It's not you, it's me."

"Ev, come on! I'm tired of chasing you around all the time!"

"Then don't!" I shout, and turn around, coming face to face with an angry Aries. "You're not entitled to chase me around. I'm not your pet."

"Then stop acting like one!"

My angry eyebrows that were once met in the middle of my forehead slowly drift back to where they were. Emotionless, the expression on my face. Speechless, the amount of words left on my tongue.

"I can't believe you just-" I stop myself.

Be strong, Everly Ryan Monroe! Don't let some prick hurt your feelings!

"You have no fucking idea what I'm going through, Ryland Aries!" I scream at him. "No fucking clue! And you have the nerve to say that to me?"

"You're right, blondie! I have no idea what you're going through 'cuz you don't tell me shit! I'm trying with every bone in my body to help you because it kills me to see you like this!" He grips my shoulder just a little bit too tight but I let him. "Don't you understand? No one, and I mean no other human being in the whole wide world, makes me feel this way! This stupid feeling in my stomach when I'm around you kills me. Everything about you-" he pauses.

"What are you getting at, Aries?"

"The feeling I get when I see you sad makes me feel as though someone punched me right in the gut. But... when you're happy-" he scoffs. "It's like- it's like someone showed me the meaning of life. Like someone just revealed the sun to my storm. And seeing you always walking out on me, it's physically painful."

"Ry-"

"I'm serious, Everly-" Ryland's grip on my shoulder goes down to my hand, his index finger never leaving the surface of my arm. He grabs my index finger with his thumb and pointer finger.

"I-i just can't do this anymore." I admit.

"Do what?"

"Live. Live this life. Going through it and pretending as though everything is okay. Because it's not." I look up at him. "My parents never come home! My brother only comes home when he needs a shit load of money. My best friend, my only friend, hates me. And you. You're such an amazing person and... I'm just going to bring you down. I'm just going to hold you back."

"No you won't-"

"I'm leaving. Just for a few days. I'll be back soon, though, because it's almost my birthday. I'll just go on the outskirts of town and stay in a hotel. I'll get the money from my parents... they are loaded. Don't worry about me." I softly push his fingers off of mine. "I'm sorry."

I take a few steps back from him, that turn out life a few trips than steps, and run off.

~

|| Ryland's POV ||

"I'm sorry." She says before running away.

How can I not worry about her. About Everly. She was really one of the only people I enjoyed actually seeing, despite all of the drama and shit that's happened to her... us.

Maybe that's what scared her away. I wish she would've opened up to me more. I wish she would've told me all of her problems. I could've helped her. I could've been there for her instead of her feeling alone.

It never seemed as though her family was around and her best friend hates her now.

Peightyn is a bitch. She's a whore that only cares about herself and I oughta teacher her a lesson. But I know that Everly would get mad at me.

It's one of the amazing things about Ev, but it can also be taken advantage of. No matter what happened in the past or what was happening in the present time, she could be so mad at someone but still spare them.

To Luke Larson, when he apparently stole money and pills from her, I bet she could've done worse than just slap him. It was me who beat the crap out of him and, I swear to the lord, I have no shame.

Luke Larson is annoying and a troublemaker. He's done enough to me and to the baseball team but I'd finally had enough when he messed with Everly.

I don't know why but seeing her enraged like that just made me want to beat him up so bad, he wouldn't even know what to do with himself.

But she's gone now and all I can do is worry. Even though she told me not to.

But i'll give her the space she needs. I'll let her space because that's what she wants.

Even if the stress kills me.
_______________________________

Hey guys!

okay, okay, i hate to give this small hint away but...

THERE BOUTTA BE A HELLA PLOT TWIST YALL!

okay, now that that's outta the way-

thanks for reading! vote, comment, follow!

i love u all!

buh-byeeeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights