Death Boy

Okay, so again this is my first time writing fanfiction so judge me all you want. I love criticism. Thank you and enjoy.

Nico's POV

I stumble out of the shadows and onto the deck of the Argo 2, catching myself on the railing on the side of the ship. The travel sucked the energy right out of me, my vision going black. I hear someone call out my name before my knees buckle and I pass out from exhaustion.

I slowly open my eyes and look around the room. Sitting up, I swing my legs over the side of the stiff bed I had been lying on. I spot my sword leaning on a chair across the room and quickly get up to grab it. But as soon as I stand up, I regret it, and fall to the ground, struggling to breathe. I hear footsteps running towards the sickbay where I am.

"Oh my goodness, Nico are you okay? What are you doing out of bed?" Hazel quickly helps me up.

"I was just trying to get to my sword,'' I say defensively. Hazel gives me a deathly glare

"You are not going anywhere near that sword until you are completely healthy," she says, literally putting her foot down.

I smile at her "I missed you." I say softly. The anger washes away from her face and she pulls me int a tight hug.

"I missed you too," she sighs.

"umm... Hazel, if you want me healthy, you should probably let me breathe" I chuckle.

She laughs and pulls away, " yeah probably."

She gives me a once over and the worry creeps back into her soft features.

"Oh, Nico you need to eat something."

"I'm fine, Hazel, I'm not hungry" I lie. I haven't eaten for days but I wasn't about to tell her that. Unfourtantly, I didn't have to.

"Nico you are not fine and you know it. Come on to the dining room with me, I was just heading down there." She gives me her biggest puppy dog eyes that no one can say no to, and tugs on my arm like a scared little kid.

"...Fine." I mumble.

"Good, now come on. Everyone is down there already." She loops her arm in mine as we walk through the doorway and into the hall.

"Everyone?" I ask not sure if I'm ready to see everyone at once. Especially a certain son of Poseidon. But she keeps dragging me towards the double doors of the dining room.

"Yes, everyone. You've met Frank, Jason, Percy, and Annabeth. But you haven't met Piper or Leo. Piper is the daughter of Aphrodite- don't roll your eyes- she is nothing like the other children of Aphrodite. She hates being the center of attention, that's one thing you have in common. You guys should get along fine. Then there's Leo. Son of Hephaestus, really hyper. He's the one who built this ship. He's really talented." she says quickly. "You might not have that much in common with him, you two are like complete opposites. Just try not to get into an argument with him." she smiles one last time and pushes open the doors to the dining room and all conversation stops.

I quickly look down at my feet, trying to avoid their gaze, but it's pointless. They're all staring at me. The awkward silence continues for what seems like an eternity, waiting for one brave soul to break it.

"Nico," I quickly look up to see who spoke, then immediately look back down. Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, the hero of the world, and the boy I had a major crush on last year is staring right at me.