[6]-Recovering

It was the very next morning since that dangerous encounter, Valerie couldn't sleep knowing that another person who can Wave Change is running amok. Her headaches, sore muscles, bruises, and a nasty scrape on her cheek didn't help her either; it's been a long time since she got bruises and injuries from fights - normal fights.

"It's a good thing you weren't the whiner type, I would have left quite a while ago." Chroma was on the couch complementing, Valerie wasn't the only one that was injured.

Valerie was busy cooking her own meal, "mm-hm." She tasted her cooking as she stirred the contents in the pot. "I'm used to it." She began putting pieces of delicious, crunchy bacon inside and stirred it again.

She watched the little crispy chunks swim in the white, delightful soup. The soup made a mouthwatering taste, and the aroma that lifted from the pot, then invaded her nose didn't help her hunger that was eating her. She eventually finished cooking and turned the flames off.

"What are you making? I'm suddenly envious that I cannot eat your human food here."

She grabbed a bowl and took some of it, then went to eat at the family dinner table. "It's called Clam Chowder," Valerie said happily. "My mom taught me how to cook it."

Chroma didn't look at Val from the couch, "Mmmm. . ." she fell silent. He didn't hear a spoon, a chew, or a swallow - anything. "Are we planning to go hunt that guy again?" He questioned, wanting to change the last topic.

"Um. . . No, we need to recover." As much as Val hates it, she knew they're weak right now to go against that thing. "We can. . . Train. I guess, some training and getting new battlecards wouldn't hurt."

"Yeah, I guess we can go with that." Chroma shut his eyes and continued resting, he still hasn't heard Valor do anything with the bowl of Clam Chowder.

"Oh yeah. . ."

He opened his eyes, "hm?"

"I need to dye my hair," Val sighed. "Or else people would mistake me for Sonia or something again. . ." He listened to the chair being scooted, rather in a rush, and her footsteps as she went to the restroom.

The FM-ian being floated over to the family dinner table, he saw that the spoon wasn't even in the bowl, the cloth dangling at the edge of the table was wrinkled up. 'She didn't eat.' He thought as he took a long stare at the bathroom's door, then went to the fluffy couch again, even though; he can't touch it, he's just merely levitating on top of it.

It took quite a while, so Chroma ventured out for a bit; he returned laying on the couch after some time.

She came out of the restroom, her hair was light blue and a bit different, even some of her clothes matches the colors, instead of purple cat-eared headband, it was like a bear and almost dark blue. "Like the colors. And who is this Sonia?"

Valerie tied her hair in a bun. "Sonia is some kind of celebrity that everyone knows, she's famous for singing and holding live concerts for everyone. I honestly don't know how she can be on stage with a roaring crowd, still singing without messing up." She walked over to the table, "welp! At least the Triple Threat might not recognize me, they're kinda annoying."

*ding, dong!*

"Oh. My. God." She breathed. "This is so stupid." Val facepalmed in immense agitation, he grumbled.

"They won't recognize you, huh? When a girl with just different colors is living in the same house as her...hmm?" Chroma was probably smirking from her couch, "Hahahaha. . ." He teased.