[17]-Meet the Superstar!

*ROAR!!*

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

*THUD!!*

"Oof!!" Half of Val's body was still on the bed, but her face was squished against the wooden floors, and her head was wrapped around with the blanket that was dangling. "M-morning......already?...Ughhhhhh.........." She didn't budge, but the roaring of a dragon surely made her wide awake. "Ooooghhhh.... Why scare the living day lights outta me now?....."

She stretched, rubbing away the sleep dust that has always gathered around her eyelids. Chroma was floating next to her side with his arms crossed and his fiery blue claw tapping on his arm, 'he looks unhappy.' Valerie thought with a tired mind as she laid on her bed.

Turning her head, she looked at the drapes near the window and the clock.

Val erupted out of her blanket, violently and abruptly; it startled Chroma (though, he hid it). She gritted her teeth and her eyes were wide with frenzied anger, "and why is it 4....IN THE MORNING?!?!" Her face was flushed scarlet and she was extremely irked, Valerie's sleeping schedule was really not suited for distinctly early mornings. Her hands were like claws, crushing the bed sheets and wrinkled under her powerful force.

'Hrm... The more I see humans angry - female mainly - the more it becomes clearer as to why people warn not to provoke them...' He mentally noted.

Sure, she can fall asleep rather quickly, but her and mornings do not blend well together...

Chroma pointed, who also seemed annoyed, "Apologies for this early and rude awakening... But someone's at the door, and I can't stand that constant doorbell ring! That annoying girl couldn't even wait a second - hurry up and answer it!" Sensing his growing anger and loss of patience through his voice, Val jumped out of bed and rushed into the restroom.

She dressed herself quickly and brushed. "Girl?... Not Lunatic??" Val asked, exiting her bathroom and yawning.

Chroma entered her Transer, "*sigh* yes. She has the same natural hair color as you. She seemed... Troubled." He calmed himself and tried to shrink himself to fit comfortably in her device.

"Sounds serious...oddly enough..." Val knew that there really wasn't anyone else who had magenta hair, she came downstairs and bolted to answer the door. "Hello...?" She scratched her head. "No one's here..." She muttered as Val scanned around.

"I'll go find her." Chroma left in an instant. But he was back in a flash, surprising her. "Go run now, she's not very far. Near the river, behind Big Wave."

"OK!" She sprinted, and made sure to lock the door. Once she saw the recognizable outfit and guitar that hung on the girl's back she called out, "hey, wait!"

She was startled, but calmed down a little once she saw Val. When she approached her, Val noticed just how really nervous she seems. "S-sorry! I- I didn't mean to... I mean... I didn't m-mean to wake you!..." She looked to her side, her pink hood covering her face.

"Hey, it's alright..." Val replied. "Um...so, what is it?"

She twiddled her fingers, showing her uneasiness. "I need you t-to...just.... Please, help me." She begged, catching Val off guard. "Don't tell anyone! Someone's looking for me and...I need you to hide me, please!"

Valerie gave it a thought.

'Hrm... This girl earlier... Her waves... I don't trust her.'  Chroma grumbled.

"Alright, c'mon." Val answered surprisingly quickly.

"W-what?"

'Valor puts her trust in the strangest times...' He thought, since it reminded him back when they first met; how Val immediately accepts. He knew that it would seem quite odd, even for other people; how she blindly accepts. 'Yet she's someone who is shy and is lonely... The complexity of humans never ceases to amaze me.'