17 ...

[Travis ^ up there ]
Layla
"Do you love me." He asked
I nodded, he smiled "don't fuck wit me Lay."

I smiled "I thought you had a girl."
"SHIT." He said grabbing his phone out his pocket and leaving the room. Leaving my wobbly legs no support. I grabbed on to the wall and made my way back to the bed.

Travis

"Hey Natalya"

"What?" She said with a attitude still mad from earlier clearly.
"I don't think we should be together any more. I mean you always got a fucking attitude. And I don't cuff bitches so, bye Natalya. Move yo shit out my dorm by next week."

"How the fuck you gon break up with me over the phone."

"You right" I face timed her.
"I don't think we should be together no more." I said real fast.

"Why."

"Because I don't really care about you. I really just wanted to fuck." I said hanging up.

I waited a minute in the hall way because I kind of felt bad. That was kind of bold. But we was together for a good week.

Chris came back before I went back in and he kind of stared at me.

"What nigga."

"I just want you to know when they find out y'all together-."

"Who the fuck gon tell them."

"Bitch if I feel like it what you gon do."

"Don't fuck wit me" I said

"Nigga I'm not scared of yo big ass." He said walking in the room wit that stanky ass jello from the cafeteria.

I swear if he wanna play like that, then come on.

"I'm not stupid nor tone deaf. I could hear both of y'all especially Travis. Just because you want to be with me does not mean you just break up wit somebody like that. That's rude as hell, if you gon break up wit her do it respectfully at least damn." I said

"Lay I already told her." He said
"I don't give a fuck."
He rolled his eyes and left.

"Yes I was sick of that-" Chris tried

"You in trouble too, I heard what you said. If I want to be with Travis wouldn't that be okay since you plan on sleeping with other women. An lets not mention your GIRLFRIEND. If you don't want me to be with Travis you could at least be faithful to me as I would to you.

His jaw clenched.

"You know I'm not ready to be in a relationship. And I don't want to tell you to be faithful and I make a mistake and somebody fall on my dick."

" I understand, but we are getting married."

"That's not my fault you know that I can't control what they wanted for us. I don't want to see you with Travis though because I know you like him."

"How ?"

"I'm not stupid I see how you look at him. But I also don't want you to catch feelings for me."

"How do you know I'm going to catch feelings for you."

"They all do. I don't blame em either."

I stale faced him.

"Whatever well if your going to be sleeping around I'm not about to just sit here and look stupid. I want to be happy too."

"Well just know I want you to be happy some what too. Happy wife happy life." He said leaving me in my thoughts.

___
Travis

The next day it was fine to take her home so we did. Chris being difficult as fuck wanted to take her to their new home. Which I was completely unaware of. Now that I know imma make sure whenever she goes over there I'm there because Chris is a bitch.
"Travis you don't have to carry me into the house I can walk." Lay said

"Yes I do you just got emitted out the hospital."
She pouted as a stepped over their gold threshold.

"Where's Ma ?"
I said as I unlocked the door with the emergency key under the mat.

"Business trip with dad. Plus this is our house remember."He said boringly.

"Great now we'll have personal time alone." Travis said.

"No the fuck y'all don't. I'm bringing brionna over and Stacy." Chris explained.

"Who the fuck said you could just bring unknown bitches to my house."

"Your no our house, baby I paid for this. "

"Regardless if you plan on fucking them don't bring them because it won't happen."

"Whatever man fuck it, when I come back my WIFE better still be a virgin."
He said leaving.

well I took both of our shoes off and went straight to the kitchen.

"Why does he even care, he doesn't even like me."

"Yes he does Layla, it's easy to." I said whispering the last part.

"I can't help but to wonder what we are. I mean you kissed me twice and I'm still over here speechless." She said smiling

"We can be whatever you want us to be baby."

"Travis I'm not about to play with you. Now tell me what you want."

"I want us to be together. But I know that can't happen."

He said opening the fridge. "So you mean to tell me this nigga don't eat nothing but ciroc and cheese."

"I guess he orders all the time."

"Pizza Hut it is." He said hopping towards me.

I just stared at him. "What's wrong with you."

"Everything." He said walking out the kitchen."Have you even looked around your new house yet."

"No I didn't really care to. I mean it's not really mine I just have to live here." I said

"Wrong. It is yours because in a few you'll be Ms Brown not just Lay. You'll be MRS LAY BROWN. "

"I understand that Travis but you know that I'm only obeying the-"

"Lay I DONT GIVE A FUCK OKAY. Because you fucking wit my feelings. You know what that's why I'd rather stay single. Because whenever I want to be with someone shit always comes up."

All of a sudden thunder from outside seemed to strike the electricity and every room in the house seemed to shut off. It was around 4:30 and the sun seemed to set around 5:00 everyday so the house was dim.

"I understand Travis. And I'm sorry it has to be this way. But it does, and I just want you to know that I love you." I said kissing his cheek.

We ignored the darkness that enveloped us and our clothes seemed to as well. Eventually Travis brung us up stairs and we finished what I had started.

"I love you too." He said finishing the night.