Chapter 26

After a hectic week Connie stood in her kitchen with the radio playing while she switched on the coffee machine. She lay her hands to the counter as she rest back against it. Looking round the place it was nice for things to be so quiet.

Her hair fell in it's natural curls down her back as she ran a hand back through it. She stood in a pair of tight black jeans and vest knowing she didn't have to go into the hospital today. Her humming along to the radio soon turned to singing as she went about the everyday things that morning.

It had been a while since she'd been able to just clean the house without a worry for something coming up. As she returned to the kitchen she continued washing things up not noticing her phone ringing.

Sam wandered along the street towards the main door to the building thanking someone as they held it open for him. Wandering upstairs he stopped outside the door letting a smile spread across his lips as he heard her from inside. Laughing to himself he remained where he was, despite not being able to see her he was enjoying hearing her.

Connie picked up her mug to have a drink as someone knocked at the door. Frowning she placed her drink back down and walked across to the door having not expected anyone today. Pulling it open Sam stood lazily leaning against the wall with a smile. Connie's face lifted as her eyes fell to him, surprised to see him.

"I thought you couldn't get away this weekend?" "Hmm, well I changed my mind didn't I?" Stepping inside he wrapped his arms around her waist lifting her from the floor as she looked down above him letting her lips push against his. She smiled against his lips as he separated from her putting her back down onto the ground.

Sam shut the front door before following her inside, glancing about at how clean everything looked. "Singing and cleaning, maybe I should call you Mary Poppins from now on?" He narrowly missed the pillow she threw across the room at him with a laugh. "Or not..."

Smirking she wandered into the kitchen opening a cupboard to take out another mug. "Drink?" "I can think of something else I'd much rather have right now." He spoke as he stepped into the kitchen causing Connie to turn around. Sam slipped his arms around her waist as she smiled brightly. "Oh yeah?" "Hmm..." Connie let her arms loop around his neck as he kissed her deeply.

Connie grasped at his neck as he held onto her waist drawing her closer to him. Pressed against his chest, she moaned into the kiss feeling the desperation between them growing. Sam pulled her backwards into the living room as she fiddled with the buttons of his shirt. He parted from her lips as he held onto the bottom of her vest and lifted it over her head.

Their lips crashed together again as Connie pushed her hands into his shirt letting it drop to the floor. Sam pulled her closer again as he undid the button of her jeans to push them from her waist. They moved further across the room until they fell down to the sofa, their clothes scattered across the room.

Connie's knees pressed either side of him into the sofa as she rest her hands against his chest, leaning down to meet his lips hungrily. Sam skimmed his hands over her bare skin making the most of the free time she had at home. In a sudden movement he pushed her beneath him so that he straddled her legs looking down at her.

He ran a hand over the lace underwear and along her waist, running over the black lace strap resting over her shoulder. "Are these new?" "They might be..." She pulled her bottom lip in with her teeth as he looked down over her before meeting her eyes again. He released a slow breath watching her, he'd never seen anything like the sight before him.

When he didn't say anything she looked up at him with a smile. "What?" He shook his head letting his hand roam across her skin. "Nothing-" "Come on, you clearly wanted to say something?" He rolled his eyes with a sigh. "I don't want to ruin the moment-" "Come on, I'm sure it can't be as bad as the time you almost threw up on me." "I'd had a lot to drink in my defence..."

She batted his chest as he caught her wrist moving to hold her hand, their fingers lacing together. "You're mesmerising... I can't stop myself from looking at you when you're like this. So, carefree and happy." The smile widened as she sat forwards to meet his lips, letting go of his hand to hold onto his shoulders while he lay her back again.

Connie's phone rang in the kitchen once again but she was oblivious to it. Sam's lips pressed to her neck as she rolled her head backwards, her back arching from the sofa beneath her. As his hands roamed her body she fought to keep herself afloat despite the light-headed feeling that came to her. "Sam..."

He pushed his hands up her arms until he met her hands lacing their fingers together. Lifting his lips from her skin he pushed them against her lips deepening the kiss. Connie moaned against his lips quietly as there was a knock at the door. Breaking apart Sam spoke quietly. "Leave it-" She went to speak but he kissed her again stopping any words from leaving her lips.

Once again they knocked before their voice followed through. "Connie? It's me..." She split from Sam's lips hearing Greg's voice as she began to panic. "I'm just coming! This isn't funny-" She whispered to him hitting his chest as he continued to smirk. Pushing against his chest she stood up but he caught her hand spinning her back around. Their lips crashed together again before she broke from them.

"Get rid of him-" "How?" "I don't care." They kissed once more before Sam separated from her. Looking around she grabbed the silk dressing gown from the other chair and pulled it on. Glancing across the room she watched Sam rush upstairs before she could say anything.

Moving out to the front door she pulled it open looking flustered. "Hey..." "Hey, I thought you were busy with family?" Greg dropped his eyes over her attire leaning against the wall. "Yeah, they suggested meeting for dinner later... Figured we could spend a few hours together first." She smiled as he stepped forwards to kiss her.

Connie pressed a hand against his chest without moving further inside before breaking from his lips. "As much as I'd love to, I've just got a lot of work to get done and I'm tired... Would you mind if we did this another day?" She bit the inside of her cheek hoping he didn't see through her. He smiled widely with his hand still to her waist. "Of course. I'll call you tomorrow?" She nodded with a smile as he kissed her once more before she watched him wander away.

Shutting the door she leant back against it releasing a sigh of relief. Pushing away from the door she rushed back through the house and headed upstairs to see Sam laying smugly on her bed with an amused expression. "Tired are we?" Pushing her tongue into her cheek she rolled her eyes moving closer to the bed.

Sam sat up as Connie knelt on the bed. Sliding his hands into the dressing gown he pushed it from her body and threw it onto the floor. "Won't be needing that..." She smirked snaking her hands up his chest as he held onto her waist turning over and pressing her down to the bed. Laughter escaped her lips as he moved above her, the pair returning to where they had been before.