I'll be there for you (One Shot)

Summary ❤

Haruka and Chinen Yuri have been best friends since Kindergarten. They were just friends for so long they had gotten used to it. Yet Chinen has a soft spot for Haruka. But poor Chinen, Haruka likes another guy, Yamada Ryosuke, and he likes her back. Chinen thinks that the only way to let her know about his feelings, is to he tell her. Will Haruka choose Chinen, her best friend, or Yamada, the cute and sporty popular guy?

Cast~

• Chinen Yuri

• Yamada Ryosuke

• Arioka Daiki

• Kento Nakajima

• Fuma Kikuchi

Chapter 1: A friendly game

Haruka's POV

Today, Yuri can I are going to the basketball court to play a one-on-one game. We've been playing ever since Kindergarten when he chose me for his team in P.E. We bonded over basketball players and we became best friends after.

Today, it's win, or go home championship to see who is better. I've been practicing, and I hope I win. After all, I want to prove to him that girls can be better ballers than boys.

"Sayonara, okasan!" I call to my Okasan who is sitting at the table drinking tea. "Iterashai! Come back by 5:00!" I put my hand up and close the house door behind me. The short walk to the court is soothing. The birds and other noises are interesting to listen to.

Yuri is already at the court when I arrive, dressed in shorts, and a tank top jersey with a water bottle in his hand. "Oui! Are you ready to rumble?" He asks taking a drink of water. "Not if I do it first!" I laugh and we slap hands.

If I was with my friend, Kame, she would say "you like him" but that's not true. I mean, it is but only as a friend. I can't see Chinen as something more. And kissing a best friend is weird. Especially if its a boy. Yuri passes me the ball. "You start." He says. He always does that. His loss. This way, I usually win.

We line up head on, and I look him in the eye. That's supposed to intimidate the other player. I pretend to shoot over his head and instead, dribble to the left of him. He chases after me, and tries to steal the ball. He doesn't succeed.I shoot and score two points. This is easy. I might win. I WILL win.

Yuri's POV

The game is tied 54-54. It's really intense. Next person who scores is the champion. Honestly, I'm not sweating it much. I mean, I am, but not.... anyways... I usually beat Haruka but to be nice, I play it a little easier today. I just now noticed how pretty she is when she has her hair in a pony tail. I shake my head. Why the sudden soft feeling? It's not I like her more than a friend.

I turn my focus back on the game. Haruka has the ball. She dribbles past me but I steal it from her and head to her goal. Just as I shoot, she's in front of me. Uh oh. I risk this and jump throw the ball in the air. She jumps the same time our arms get tangled and the ball goes in the net. We barely notice. Our faces are inches apart.

We stop. She looks at me and pulls away. "Dang." She says. "That was a close one." "Yeah, it was." I don't feel relieved. I feel, maybe disappointed. Why? It's not like that. We gather our things and walk at the opening of the court. "Good game." She calls. "Same to you." I reply and we walk home. I can't keep that scene out of my head.

We almost kissed. I am disappointed that we didn't. I slapped myself. I have to stop. Maybe I'm just tired. At home, I go up to my room and fall asleep. I'm hallucinating. It's not like that. It's not like that. It's....not....like....that.