Stand With You

Shep POV-

I had tried to call and text Deanna countless times but she wasn't picking up.

That let me know, she had read or saw the photos from the game.

The sad part is, no matter  what I had to say, truth wasn't really in my favor because of my past.

Although I was trying to change myself for her, I knew in the back of her mind, she was just wondering not if, but when I was going to mess up.

And this whole thing, definitely didn't help her in trusting me more.

But when a person is on a path to changing, the thing they need, especially if they are committed to real
Change, is support.

Its like someone breaking a bad habit like drugs or drinking. Getting sober requires support, not abandonment. Otherwise the person will be like the hell with it and fall back into the darkness.

It was the same for me. I think the only thing I put more effort into, than trying to be a good boyfriend for Anna, was football.

All types of temptation came to me everyday. Text, Dms, Calls, Pop-Ups, my boys who all except Otto, refused to believe I had become a one woman man.

The shit was hard curbing it. And it seemed like the more I said no, the more it came. Like a video game.
Moving from one level to
The next. Each a harder opponent. And Chanel, being the hardest.

It would be difficult to defeat her because Chanel is persistent. She would truly test my love for Anna and whether I had changed.

But I was so focus on defeating her. I knew I could, but I needed Anna's support and love. Otherwise, Chanel would defeat us both.

I texted K asking if she would let me come over to talk to Deanna to tell her my side.

She said to give her time by herself tonight and to come by in the morning.

It's morning, and I hadn't slept all night. My mind was racing thinking about what Anna was feeling.

I walked and fed Mason, and texted K, asking her if she'd let me in.

She did. She told me O was gone to shoot a commercial with K-Man. Thank God, cause I didn't feel like dealing with him.

I went upstairs and knocked on Anna's door.

"Baby its me." I said.

I didn't hear a response. But I did hear what sounded to be a man talking. Sorta like a radio show or something.

"So today, we're learning about the concept of patience revealing character. It's this concept that, in time, if you give someone enough time, they will ultimately take off the mask of who they are pretending to be, and ultimately show you who they are. Good or bad. That's the Shadlosophy for today. Patience reveals character."

Fyi-Rashad is like this in real life 😂😂

I turned the knob and the door opened.

She had her cellphone connected to her speaker and was listening to this, dude talk, while doing homework in her bed.

"People can only hide their true selves for so long, before patience does its perfect work." The voice said.

"Baby." I said.

She looked back and paused what she was listening to.