Interviews and Makeup Plans

Shep POV-

If Deanna would have trusted me enough, she would have known that I wouldn't do anything to compromise our relationship.

My nigga, I went to jail, was dropped from my fucking team and only with the good grace of my brody O got my spot back, all over one person - Deanna. How stupid would I be, to go through all that to throw it away? Are you serious?

As a condition of my resigning, I had to do a public interview. To clear my name and the name of the Giants organization. The Giants publicist set it up with Fox who assigned it to Chanel. I had absolutely no control over that.

But what I did demand control over was the content. The questions I was being asked and what I wanted it to be most which was a tribute to my two best-friends in the world, O and Anna. That was the surprise and, the only reason I kept it under wraps.

Besides an instagram post here and there, I haven't really talked publicly about Anna. This was my chance to introduce her to the world. Let people know I am off limits and with her is home, because thats where my heart is.

I wanted to be petty and scrap the whole idea, but I tried to think about it from her perspective. I am no angel, so I could understand her suspicion, but I was hoping she thought of me better than that.

Anyway today was the day, and we haven't spoke but I was going through with it anyway.

"Can someone give Shep a mic?" One of the producers said as I walked into the Giants practice facility where the interview was going to be held.

I noticed Chanel walking over. I took my seat.

"Something is different about you." She looked me up and down.

I ignored her as they put on my mic.

"The beard. Its the beard. It suits you." She sat in the chair across from me.

"Just stick to the questions we agreed upon."

"Of course." She gave a slight smile.

"Cameras Rolling. And Action." I heard a voice say.

"From jail to being dropped from his team, the past few weeks have been tumultuous for Giants Wide Receiver Sterling Shepard, but he says two people in his life helped get him through."

Deanna POV-

"Baba. Ep."'Livy pointed to the tv as we laid on the bed, watching Shep's interview.

It was a clip of Odell and Shep standing on the field talking, then of them celebrating after Shep made a touch down.

"Sterling or Shep as his friend's affectionately call him says one of the two is his best friend and star wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr." Chanel's voice said as a voice over, over the clips.

It went to Shep sitting down with Chanel.

"How long have you and Odell been friends?" Chanel asked him.

"Since my rookie year. The moment I touch down here, O showed me love. He's been my brother ever since."

"What does his friendship mean to you?" Chanel asked.

"Everything. Its so hard to find genuine people. And when you find someone, whose at the top of the game, willing to put his neck on the line for you, says a lot. I've been there for him, but he shows me the same love. He never left the jail until they let me out, and he told the Giants he would leave if they didn't take me back. He didn't have to do that, but he did."